Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Father 2

Happy Sunday to you all. We (humans) should give thanks more often. When we wake up safe and sound, we ought to give thanks. I have been waking and sleeping in pain for weeks due to fever and flu. I knew not what priviledge i had when i woke up in sound health. I am giving thanks and I am believing God to heal me totally.

Mizz Opeke called our awareness to the elimination of women violence, let's put the banner up and get the word out there. Thanksgiving day is getting close. Put that in mind and don't forget that everyday should be a thanksgiving day. We are told to give thanks in every situation we find ourselves. I have used all sorts of medication and i'm still sick.. i guess i should just give thanks and thank God that I am healed by faith. so I call him father. Lord you're a father. you've been a father to me. I call you father for all that you are and all that you've been. I thank for the health of everyone reading this message and I believe by faith that you'll heal me totally so I can head back to the studio safe, sound, and cute as ever. Thank you lord for the answered prayer. (Amen)

P.S: Here's the second part to one of Olamild's collection. If you missed the first episode, click I HATE MY FATHER (1) Happy Reading!!!

I HATE MY FATHER (II)

/// Narration ///

Guess who’s down! It’s unbelievable but inevitable. How could she do that? What has gotten into her? Who’s the daddy? Tears filled the Adeyemi’s residence as dad’s death was announced. He was a jolly good fellow some said.

Wunmi: (crying) How could you do this to me?

Mgbeke: Chineke God. How could you let this happen? Why all this? Why do we have to face so much tribulation? (lamenting)

Wunmi: (looking at her father’s dead body) How in the world could you do this to me? You were my father! What kind of father does that to a child?

Mgbeke: Of all sins to commit. Why did you choose suicide? Why? I mean you have everything you want. You have houses, cars and a (facing wunmi) loving daughter (looks back) Why did you kill yourself? Why? (screams at the dead body)

Wunmi: He’s not worthy to be called my father. What kind of father will do a thing of such?

Taye: If you’re talking about him killing himself, you have nothing to worry about. We will all take care of you.

Wunmi: That’s not it. I can take care of myself. (looks at the corpse) You are not worthy to be a dad. I hate you!(Everyone was astonished)

Taye: the world must not hear this. (pulls wunmi into a deserted room) child, what’s the matter? What is the meaning of what you just said?

Wunmi: I hate him and killed him

Taye: (shocked) Would you stop this nonsense? Are you out of your mind?

Wunmi: No, I am perfectly okay. I am not a psycho. I am fully aware of every word coming out of your mouth and it’s the truth. I am glad he’s gone.

Taye: (almost in tears) What has gotten into you? I think you’re……….. (wunmi interrupted)

Wunmi: He raped me! What kind of a father does that? Tell my why he had to be that brutal. (taye tries to talk but wunmi wouldn’t let her) Please don’t! For so long, I have tried to imagine why I had strange nightmares. I didn’t know they were real until I flashbacked. Dad would walk up to me every other night claiming he wanted to play with me. I was a little girl and I didn’t know what he was doing, but it was painful. After various complaints, he stopped. However, I felt funky in the mornings. I felt pain whenever I use the toilet. Nothing feels right down there, I think he drugs me on occasion.I didn’t realize all this things until now. I’m asking myself; what did I do to deserve what he did? Why did he bring me to life just to ruin my life? `Thinking about the fact that we lived under the same roof makes me sick to my stomach. If only mom were alive, she would have protected me. Why would a father do that to his child?

Taye: (feels bitter) Poor child! I am so sorry to hear all this. Oh my GOD. I wish I had known. I was not aware at all. Kenny is selfish, wicked and this is very unthoughtful. (taye goes on and on)

Wunmi: I just realized that dad’s name is Kehinde. I just found out that he’s your twin. Do I even know anyone? Am I wunmi?

Taye: sweetie, when your father died he made us promise……..(Wunmi is dumbfounded)

Wunmi: what are you talking about? My father just died. I murdered the cruel human being.

Taye: You did not kill your father!

Wunmi: How can you say that? You were not there when it happened.

Taye: Child, you claim to have killed Kenny but you did not kill your father.

Wunmi: What?

Taye: Kenny is not your father. Well not your biological father. Your father was adorable. He loved and cared for you

Wunmi: can this day get any worse? (crying)

Taye: Your real parents loved you as the only child. Your mother (Felicia) was very beautiful. They were both in love. They had rocky times but they saw each other through. After their marriage, they searched for the fruit of the womb for years. They strived hard but nothing came out of it. Your father’s family rose up against your mother. The clash became so unbearable that your mother fell ill. Luckily, she got pregnant around that time. Your father was overjoyed. Unfortunately, we lost your mom. She died giving birth to you. A day of joy became one of sorrow. A beautiful life became a painful life.A life came into existence while another was lost. Your dad couldn’t be more proud holding you in his arms that day. You were a reminder of your mom. Your father strived hard so that you could have the best of everything. He worked for all of this but the loss of his beloved wife took its toil on him. He was down with an unknown illness. A few months after, the situation got critical. I had to travel around to find a cure/solution to what was going on. Your father gave up the ghost but he left some words. He gave you to kenny to look after since no one else was around. He made kenny promise to take absolute care of you. Your father trusted him with all he had. You don’t know how painful it is for me to see this day. I wish I had known (breaks down)

(both hug each other in an attempt to console one another)

WATCH OUT FOR PART 3

19 comments:

Allied said...

Waiting for Part 3

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

thats very well written! you are right about giving thanks. I keep reminding myself about it everyday. waiting for part three.

Aijay said...

Get well soon Ola.
Will be back for part 3.

Obinwanne said...

Part3 please...shoud we beg for it?....nyways thanks for the bday wishes...dont forget to check back...ive uploaded the bday pics...and full gist

LurLar said...

Thnks for stopping by....Wooow,pls update part 3 quick!!!

Joy Akut said...

glad u're better, flus can be so depressing....

dont keep us waiting for part three aight?...

princesa said...

Hey girl! Hope you are getting well.
By the stripes of our lord Jesus Christ you are healed, Amen!

SO he wasnt here dad... thank God though i dont know if it makes molesting her any better.

Arewa said...

hOPE UR FLU IS A LOT BETTER NOW.....
PART 3 PLEASE !

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I give thanks for this entertaining story!

Great job, Olamild. I beg, let me know when Part 3 comes out oh. You know that TE, TK and Bomboy have me working hard so I don't want to ,miss it...

Unknown said...

AHWWWWWW see the love
I feel blessed

You know the yeye thing will disappear gradually. I am much better and relieved. Thank you all for your love and concern. Even me sef dey wait for part 3 .. hahahah

will update soon

thanks again

Writefreak said...

Hey hun..sorry you were feeling poorly. I'm sure God has completely healed you now.
Great story, looking forward to part 3, can't even predict what'll happen..

GERALD said...

are u likely to produce part 3 soon........

Kafo said...

wow
this is something else

in a league of its own

rethots said...

...interesting story line.

Anonymous said...

to complete your lyrics, have you tried

"Wherever you may lead,

consider me to follow,

Forever you will be

The one I call my Lord."?

just a thot...

Admin UD said...

Wow...

princesa said...

I tagged you on my blog babe!

Unknown said...

Nameless poetical GOD BLESS u o

thank u so much
U just saved the day

COnsider me to follow would have been too long for the tune I gave that part but Consider me to go (which means the same thing)works well... thanks 2 u

I was abt to release part 3 o but it has been delayed o
I have to do the wierd post first
them don tag me o

Anonymous said...

you are welcome :)
i write music too...i had writers block for the longest time. i only just got that sorted out.
check out www.myspace.com/freestylent
most of the stuff is my producer's but candelight is mine..though i didnt sing in it...
enjoy...