Sunday, September 9, 2007

Mummy Post

9/11

Happy Sunday to you all


I pray that the blessings of today will not pass you by.....they say we'll never know the value of what we have until we lose it. May we not lose something/someone precious before showing appreciation. I appreciate my mum but i feel like it's not as much as I ought to...


With tears like dew drops of rain, she handed me the phone at 1 a.m. Okayyy mum crying in the middle of the night? Did grand ma die again? The last time she cried like that was when she lost her mum, what is going on now?... i took the phone from her without hesitation "olamild, get up and brush your teeth. Take your mother to the hospital"...that was my dad. What? Hospital? What for? I hurried up and did what I was told. I rushed into the bathroom to put on my trial pair of contacts and rushed to mummy's room. What's wrong? why are you crying? why are you holding your arm like that? " Mo kan ji ni mo ri pe mi o le gbe apa mi. O tin romi latoru. Mo fi omu adura si, mo de but ko relieve me rara" {I woke up to find myself in pain. I can't lift or do anything with my left arm. I washed it with the prayer water and massaged it but I am still in great pain}


She said all that in tears and I said well we have to get you dressed so i can take you to the hospital. Mum said NO! She said she's not going anywhere that she will be fine. She said she doens't have money to waste on sickness when there are better things to spend money on. She said even after the insurance plays its part, she has to pay a lot and she doesn't have that kind of money. I massaged the arm for her and kept on questioning her about what she was feeling. Dad kept on calling to persuade her to go..as soon as she gets off the phone with him, she just says NO! Dad had to get his friend to talk to her before she succumbed (after 7 or 8 phone calls). Mum was in pain the whole time and it was unbearable. i talked to dad and he told me to make sure I force her to the ER.... signs of stroke or what not... I rejected it immediately and helped mum get dress. What the fizzy? She never needed my help for anything... she was fine just last night, what happened overnight?


Mum did not stop crying and it bugged me but I did not show it. I drove her to St. Joe's hospital praying deep inside my heart... God please don't let anything happen to my mum. I remembered London Buki and i was like wohhh waoww I cannot do this. I admired her strength even more.. I don't think I could measure up to the faith she has... i ws really scared cause mum did not stop crying and she was groaning in pain...They checked everything they ought to check at the TRIAGE and said there was no sign of stroke but she had high blood pressure.


She joined me back in the reception to wait on the doctor. "Mummy ki le tun ro? ki ni gbogo eleyi nsin?" {what are you thinking about? what is all this?}.. She did not say a word... We waited for almost 2 hrs and she was called on. She spent close to 3 hours with the doctor.. I just wrapped myself in a blanket looking left, right, forward, center to see when she'd step out and say it is well. I got so cold, I had to get a warm blanket to cover myself up.. I just kept saying God o please...If I can get this worried, what should buki do? BUki, if you're reading this message. GOD will bless you and heal mummy for you. When I read your post and say I feel for you.. I mean it with all sincerity..I looked at the time and it was 6:01 a.m. Mum finally stepped out with her am wrapped up... I cried inside and I said I have to write about this but I am praying to God that this will be the last time I will write about something like this. I want to write about mother's day not mother's tears...For all the sick mummies, receive healing whether you like it or not. I cannot really explain what happend within those hours (5-6)... but u can imagine waiting in the alley to hear that your loved one is doing just FINE.

If you go to bed and wake up safe and sound.. you better be thankful. My mum is doing fair now. She's eating and smiling but once she tries to lift or do anything with that arm, she screams in pain.. Please put her in your prayers.

Have a great weekend and a wonderful week.

15 comments:

UnNaked Soul said...

God Peace to you mum.
Remember, never loose positivity regardless it serves a better meal *wink*

God Peace.

Rinsola said...

Thank God for your mums' health, hope she's doing much more better? You sure would write about a joyous mothers' day and not about the teary one. Start speaking it as if it were. She is healed in Jesus name. Take care luv

Miss Opeke said...

Hi Olamild,

By the grace of God, I know your mother is getting better. Just let God know you can't do this alone and that you need His help. Remember you are loved...I am praying for complete healing of your Mum...

Love,

Miss Iyabo Opeke

Admin UD said...

Oh dear, your mummy is already well in Jesus name...Amen!!

Just be strong, keep ya head up and believe that with God, all things are possible. Cheers!!

Arewa said...

Amen!!
I totally know what u mean. It is not easy @ all...Ur mum will be well by God's grace. Just keep praying for her and be strong. It is well. x x x

Mommy said...

He was wounded for our transgressions
Bruised for our iniquities
the chastisement of our peace was laid upon Him
and with His stripes, we are healed.
By His wounds, we've been made whole. It is well with your mummy, and London Buki's and all our mums in Jesus name. Amen!

LurLar said...

It is well in Jesus name...May the LORD go to the root of the sickness nd heal her completly in Jesus name. How is she doing now?

Aijay said...

Ola please stay strong for your mum.
She's well in Jesus name - Amen!

Aramide said...

aww this is really sweet

we really thank God for her life

nice blog

check out www.themilklady.com ;o)

The Milklady always delivers!

Anonymous said...

I sure will put her in my prayers, and i believe she'll be jst fine sooner than u expect by God's special grace.

Keep believing God will do it, or rather he has already done it!

Miss Opeke said...

Hope Momsie is feeling better now???
"You will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." ~ Deut 4:29

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

as we blog on and make friends, may we remember to pray for one another. at the end of the day, that is what counts- our sincere love for one another.
olamild, it is well...

Unknown said...

@Unnaked, thank you very much for your advice.

@rinsola, amen amen amen

@opeke, I will do as u have said, thanks sis.

@ugo, Yes all things r possible with GOd. thanks bro

@arewa, you are blessed

@mommy, AMEN to all your prayers

@ lurlar, thanks a lot

@aijay, GOd bless u. thanks 4 d prayer

@mona, to him be the glory. thank u 4 stopping by

@chicala, May your prayers be answered..

@Isi... `preciate u.

@opeke.. again...May God repay you with love, care, and joy

@ALL

She is doing way better than before. She was trying to act like nothing was wrong..but I had to stop in... I stole her car keys first of all because i know she will sneak out and drive. She called me just 2 days ago while i was at skool to say she was hungry and she couldn't do anything with the hand. I just rushed to the chinese restaurant to get her some lunch and headed back to skool.

As of today, she can do everything that invovles using both hands. I took her to the hospital (last night) and they said things are getting better. She is complaining about her leg now.. and I know that nothing will go wrong. Thank you all for your love. Please keep her in prayers..

Naapali said...

Hi, first time on your blog, please forgive my intrusion. How high was her blood pressure? What was done for your mother? What was she told was wrong? Was she started on any meds? I tried to read between the lines to come up with a list of possible diagnoses but not enough information to do that.
I hope she has a primary doctor and is following up with him/her. I wish you and yours well. Please ask questions of your mom and those caring for her. Knowledge can empower.

Jennifer A. said...

ur mummy is healed in Jesus Name...Amen.