Friday, May 16, 2008

A Ghetto Love Poem


Gurl i love you straight up fo sho
or i wouldn't have told dem ova girls
not to call me no more.
I knew it was true da first day i seen you.
why u thank i do the thangs i do?
rememba how i use to wine n dine uschlits malt liquor and baar-be-Q
I gave u a bubble bath and fed u grapes
they was on sale that week; a dolla ninety eight romantic evenings after dark,
street light walks around da park
like the very first time
u came ova my crib.
And u got all scared,cause that roach was on yo timb
I was right there with a can o' spray to be ur super negro and save da day
I ain't even pay my light bills,so i can take u to the club....
Dont knock ova does candles and burn up my rug!
and dat nite we made luv,for a long liddle bit of time.
I hope u got yours cause i sho'nuff got mine.
I woke up early and made u breakfast in bed.
sep fo i ain't have no juice,
no grits and no eggs.
didn't have no cereal,
and was fresh outta milk.
so we had some toast and potato chips.
I use to rub lotion on ur feet,
and massage yo back I found u some clue,
when u lost ur tracks.
Now what man you knowded,ever loved you like dis?
Gurl please take my name off dat child support list.


19 comments:

Miss Opeke said...

First again and again...

Miss Opeke said...

Serious Ghetto love...what about Ajegunle/Oshodi kinda love?
Can u get also d pidgin version??? I always love what you share...real stuffs no counterfeit...no copy copy cat...Juz real stuff...
\(*^_^*)/

Friend of God said...

heavy ghetto love o...
i am not sure ladies know what extents guys go to sometimes lol

Rinsola said...

lol...na real ghetto love.

Rinsola said...

Olamild, just saw ur message,use this e-mail address rinsola@gmail.com. MsOpeks u and sparkle are not competing for first position today? Take care

Miss Opeke said...

@Friend of God...sum ladies do know...

AIVY said...

first time here... loving it..

Admin UD said...

wow, interesting

Aijay said...

Your friend (the author) has got skillz fo sho. lol.....

Miss Opeke said...

“As a rose fills a room with its fragrance, so will God’s Love fill your life.”

Have a Blessed weekend...

Unknown said...

As the sun shines so bright without leaving a part untouched so will you shine so bright all over the world

I love your cute lil weekend mssg.

Unknown said...

@ opke how now? `precite d handwriting wey u type 4 here.

@friend of God
LOL. Like u guys know what extent we go to keep yall around

@rinsola.. abi now? i go holla

@aivy, thanks 4 stopping by

@ugo what it do?

@aijay my sis na God o .. I fit attempt the pidgin version but i go fail small... no harm in trying sha

@ Opeke again...i go ban u 4rm my blog o.. haha got nutting but loff 4 ya

Miss Opeke said...

If u ban me...I know u no go happy b/c u are so lovin' me cumin' around (***wink***)

Mak said...

lol-- I like this especially the title and the end. I love good poems-- this is good.

Unknown said...

lol opeke


thanks 4 stopping by mack...

Afrobabe said...

lmao...yep, he sure deserves to have his name taken off that list...lol...

LG said...

dis one na real ghetto love, hehehehe

how r u hun?

Flourishing Florida said...

lmao. this is funny. some kind of 'love treat' bah? ha! chicks should b careful who they roll with. it's not being materialistic, but u want 2 know dat den shit happens like pregnancy, it's someone dat can take responsibility

uNWrItten* said...

lol..this is cute..hehe