Saturday, March 27, 2010

Second Chance

Again, I sing my favorite song of all times.
"But for your grace I cannot be saved
But for your grace, I would go my way
I'm forever grateful
that you have been faithful
to me lord for your amazing Grace."

I don't know the author of that song but my sister taught me that song in the year 2006. I know I have not (blogged) said much lately due to my tight schedule. `Just want to start by saying I have missed all my wonderful, old blogger friends - writefreak, jaycee, princesa, fantasyqueen, olufunke, jaybabe, diaryofag, rinsola, opeke, goodnaijagirl and you (yes you!). Una still dey blogsville? I dey hail o.

Where I am today is not where I use to be and I thank God for that. Where I am spiritually is not where I want to be but I am believing God to help me back to where I use to be. Old blogger friends can testify to the fact that I am either writing or singing God's praise... hate to say I have not done much of that. It took a wonderful friend (Obiwon) to help me realize that God is a jealous one and still inhabits my praises.

A lot has happened in the last few months (good & bad)
Just yesterday, God intervened on my behalf as always. My sister and I were heading to the young ladies fellowship. I decided to stop by the gas station to get gas so we wouldn't have to make the stop later on that night. I bought gas and headed out of the station to the road. The light was about to turn red so i hit the brake

the car did not stop. MY BRAKE FAILED. For the 1st time in my life, I experienced what it meant for one's brake to fail. I pressed harder but that just made it worse as the car started to make a scrunching sound. I remembered dad's tutorial and forced the gear to park. The car moved for about 10 secs, swayed and stopped with a loud thud.

I was in the middle of the road/hindering cars from going through. I turned on my hazard light and gave thanks. I thanked God for helping me think of a way to stop the car instead of panicking and running into oncoming traffic. I am still thankful and will continue to be grateful.

My car is front of my house right now... waiting on the mechanic to come fix it. Thank God for my life & that of my sis.

I hear a voice saying - "go back to where you use to be, go back to praising without ceasing."

5 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

I thank God for preserving your life and your sister's life too! My parents have always told me not to drive too close to other cars because brakes can fail and to be honest I never thought it was something to really think about until we started hearing about Toyota's troubles.

Now I know it really can happen, without much notice. I'm glad that you were able to recall some guidance from your dad that helped you.

I do miss you here but I know you're busy. Maybe you can give us an update on Olamild Entertainment one of these days!

Finally, thanks for the shoutout :)

Writefreak said...

Wow i thank God for your life! God is indeed good and keeps watching out for us! I wouldn't even know what to do in your shoes...

Dear Father, thank you for Ola's life!

Well done on all you're doing and i hope you're able to reignite your relationship with God. No matter what we do, He is number one. He is the one He gives us the power to .....(insert whatever here)

Nice to read from you!

Myne said...

Thank God for your life and that of your sisteroo, that is surely a testimony. OMG, I don't know if I would have had the presence of mind to react as quickly as you did.

Take care.

olaoluwatomi said...

Thanking God for you! Praise is the way to go!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for the comments. Gos bless and watch over you all

@ GNG
Don't worry, i will update you all soon. Until then, check www.olamildentertainment.com. It's always HAUTE!!