Friday, September 18, 2009

Nonsense & Ingredients

At times like this,
I really wish I had the Nokia 3310.
It will not freeze
It will not take forever to load (like a dial up pc)...
In fact, I am tired of high tech.

I went for a job interview some days ago
and forgot to print directions back to my destination.
Why not get a GPS right?
well i had one and it was stolen
I am still upset and thinking about getting a new one.

Supposedly, I was to turn left somewhere
but made a right turn instead hmmm
before I knew it, I landed on a strange freeway
I was like shooooo this ain't I-94 and it certainly is not the way to my house.
I took the next exit thinking I could just stop by the gas station and ask for directions
There was not a single one in sight
I found myself in a different city
Yes o different city!

I drove for over 20 minutes and parked
I decided the next thing to do was check the name of the
street I was on and call someone to map out directions from there to my house.
I turned to my phone and ehhh

the thing decided not to show any of my contacts.
I took out the battery
I even removed the sim card, cleaned everything up and put it back in
The phone came on and froze on me

Imagine you in a strange city
so quiet
no phone
no one to come to your rescue.
I was so mad, I almost spoke in tongues.

I did all I could and the phone did not yield to my pleas
oh yes! I was begging the phone o
I started freaking out after a while
at some point, I believe I prayed
"father, this is America not 9ja now
she comot for house, she no come back
which one be that? pls, let me see my family o"

Anyway, I decided it was time to keep driving until I came across a living soul
I drove for a long time (another 30 minutes) and ran into two older men
They gave me directions and I got home safe and sound.
I CAN NOW BOAST THAT I KNOW ONE MORE CITY (LOL)
It's funny now that I look back but it wasn't funny then.
My phone froze for another 48 hours after that incident o
I gave T Mobile a piece of my mind and now
I am "phone-less" for a week.

*hiss*

4 comments:

Dee! said...

I feel you!

I hope you resolve the phone issue as soon as possible. I can not imagine being "phone-less" for a week!

Kafo said...

wow im happy u made it home safe

Good Naija Girl said...

Aww, pele. I hate getting lost! If my phone also decided to act up while I was lost that would try my patience!

You did the right thing in resolving the situation though!

spectrum multimedia said...

Sign of the times when na phone dey take u home.
Buy a map.