Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Children of God, shout halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Verily verily you are good
verily verily you are good
verily verily you are good
Jesus you are good

(sings in ibo language)

Can Olamild really speak IBO?
That will be answered on another day o.

Everyday of my life is a testimony.
I was on the way to work (abt 2 mins away from home)
I realized that I had not prayed
so I turned the radio down and prayed
for safety to and fro.

I drove for another 7 minutes or so (due to road construction)
I stopped as I approached the red light;
and slowly proceeded immediately the light turned green.

All of a sudden, a " wannabe-nascar driver" sped past me and others.
the driver was creating his own lane obviously
he decided he was too much in a hurry to wait
so he turned one lane into two (in his head of course).
He got to a point where the lane could only fit one car
With speed, he overtook the car beside him.
Need I tell you that that was really dangerous?
There was not enough room to overtake
nor alert the driver to slow down for him to proceed.

Driver 1 that was behind him had to hit the brake hard
in order to avoid hitting him.
Driver 2 had to sway left to avoid hitting 1
Olamild (driver 3) had to sway to the right to avoid hitting driver 2
Driver 4 swayed to the left to avoid hitting me.
That went on for about 6 other cars behind me

We all hit the brakes hard and swayed in opposite directions
Our tyres screeched all together.
What could have been a very deadly accident (involving almost 10 cars)
turned out to slow traffic down for about 2 minutes.
We had to recover from the shock to continue.
God (to his own glory) came to our rescue.

I shivered until I got to work
I could not contain myself
I kept saying thank u jesus.
what if i didn't pray?
Agreed I braked at the right time to avoid hitting the one in front of me
what if the person behind me could not do the same?

Yall know it's not been up to 5 months
that I got hit by a crazy teenager
Now, another crazy fellow is trying to hit me.

At one point, I was about to start raining
curses on the driver for raising my blood pressure for good 15 minutes.
I decided, he wasn't worth it.
I'd rather give thanks...

Emi o yin baba...oba titi aye ooo.. emi o yin o... emi o yin o baba

Translation: I will praise you father...the everlasting king...i will praise you..i will praise you o father.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ wannabe Nascar driver... Baba deserves the praise in any case...

Nefertiti said...

I follow u shout halleluyah meje!

Olufunke said...

We thank GOd o!
GOd is good, and He is always right on time!
Pray or no pray....He watches over you.
Your mouth shall not cease to testify!
I remember the last accident.
I join you shout HALLELUYAH!!!!!

na real Nascar driver

LG said...

thank God

Writefreak said...

I really thank God with you o...i don't think the habit of committing one's day into God's hands can be overemphasised...thank God for your life dear!

Rita said...

Hmmm, I cannot thank God enough. To think that I would easily ignored the prompting to pray. Thank God for you. You shall not experience any accident ever again.

Good Naija Girl said...

I am so thankful that nobody was injured in what could have been a bad accident. Never stop praying...it is a powerful weapon against the devil.

Have a great week dear!