Thursday, July 3, 2008

So..so confused

Just two days ago,
I went to my aunt's place
You remember Master C?
I chilled with him and D don for a while.
When it was time for me to go to my evening class,
Master C told me I couldn't go that he had a gift for me
I'm like hmm what's it gonna be this time?
the shrek doll u got from Mickey D?
the kung fu panda toy u got from chuck e cheese?
or the transformers toy mama got you?

He just smiled and went upstairs
He heard me slam the door and he goes
"Aunty OLAMILDDDDDDD! I know you're not leaving
when I told you not to"
"I'm right here boo, I was just closing the door to prevent
the flies from coming in." I replied.
He came downstairs with his hands behind his back
He looked at me and said
" I know I give you a lot of trouble
but you've been good to me
and I thought I should give you this."

He handed me a book.
I looked at the title and it said Praying for purpose for women
a prayer experience that will change your life forever.
I didn't bother to ask him how he got it
I could not smile, I could not cry
I just didn't know how to react
I was astonished. I hugged him and left.
I raced to my car and I shook in fear.
I asked myself when was the last time I really prayed?
I use to be the one that prayed all the time

I use to be the one that talked to God
about everything
I mean everything... one time I asked God how come I don't have hips?
I said God why big thighs? why not hips? abi i no deserve figure 8...
that just gives u a clue about how I open up to God.

It dawned on me
I had gone through so much in the past couple of months
Instead of me to run to God and seek comfort, help
I run away from him
I go about singing praises to him
and helping others
when I'm the one who really needs help

I am an aspiring Law student (Corporate Law to be precise)
I have switched courses like crazy
WHY?
My dreams differ from that of my parents
and OLAMILD is supposed to do whatever they say
After all , many Nigerian parents use her as an example for their kid
She leads the church choir
She sings at weddings, birthdays, anniversaries
She's respectful
She's a yoruba lady and respect is the most important thing in the culture.
They told her to go to school to be a Pharmacist
She chose Law, which is her passion
She started off taking pharmacy pre-requisites but it just wasn't for her
In anytime they are going to find out
what she has done
and all hell will break loose.

The last thing I want is for people to change
their views about me
but I have to live for me.
That's what sparkle says
stop thinking about what people say
follow your heart.

`Just got out of an 8 yrs relationship
and God knows I need prayers.
I need it more than anything.
In the past couple of months,
I have written close to 5 songs that I have done nothing with
I just sing it in my head, in my car and just forget it.
I have been running away from what I need the most = PRAYERS

It's sad
but it's very encouraging
that God just used a 5 yr old (Yes, Master C is 5 now)
to tell me that he is still there
ready to help me.
All he asks is that I put my hand in his hands
and let him have his way.

PRAY 4 me pleaseeeeeeeee.....

23 comments:

Flourishing Florida said...

i don't know wot 2 say. i'll pray with u

UndaCovaSista said...

Aww, sweetie my heart goes out to you, it really does! The reason you feel so torn is because your trying so hard to please everyone, which is not a bad thing. It's just impossible! You're trying to be the person you THINK everyone wants you to be. You're trying to guess who each person expects you to be, and trying to be that person to each and everyone, and one of the byproducts of this is mental and physical exhaustion - that's what i hear in this post.

I won't even tell you to go and pray, cos i too have been in that place where you know you need to, but you just cant find the strength. My prayer for you is that you find the strength and courage to take a stand and be YOU, regardless of the expectations of others. I can tell you from personal experience that it's one of the hardest things to do, however, it's not impossible, especially with God on your side.

You know who you really are, you just need to put staying true to that person above worrying about the expectations of others

Miss Opeke said...

when we think we are juz a write-off, God surprises us and tells us that He is still on the throne...

Take Sparkle's advice and just trust in God for anything & everything...

Parakeet said...

Aww...Olamild. I wish I could share my story with you. Up until 2005, I dedicated my life to pleasing my family. It was okay until I woke up and didnt know who I was. So I decided to do my own thing and I've never been happier. Earlier this year I went back to my old ways and decided to get married to a man I knew was bad for me because my family would love me to be married. Again before take the big step I called myself to order and I have not looked back since then. Ask yourself, what will become of you if all those people were gone? Please, while I'll be praying for you, it will be nice to make steps for changes too. God be with you.

MissBalance said...

Olamild, just a note to let u know that God doesn't condemn u. Don't beat urself up because you think you've drifted. Admitting is the first step, so just work on reconciling with Him and it'll be fine. I wish it was as easy as that, I know its not cuz I can relate to ur situation. But its up to u to return to Him. Open up and talk to Him. I will too.

Writefreak said...

Sweetheart, come here lemme give you a virtual hug! Awww...i will pray for you and may you see a light at the end of the tunnel! God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise!

It will be well, saying a prayer for you right now! Much love!

Aphrodite said...

It is well darling. God is in charge.

Jennifer A. said...

It's just funny when God uses the most unexpected vessel to tell you what you really shd be doing...

But if you say that's exactly what happens, it means something important is about to come your way, and yessss you need to start talking to God again to prepare for the great things He has in store for you.

I don't believe such a thing is a coincidence...

You'll be more than fine Olamild...just pray...

Jennifer A. said...

Someone once told me that whenever we don't feel like praying is the most important time to pray...

I really loved what Undacovasista said though, and I'll leave you this verse: 2 cor 12: 9 "And [God] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”"

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

u're prayers have already been answered. and all u need do, is wait for his the day of ur testimony.

blogville idol 2008. the name u want is lighty. vote lighty.

Sugabelly said...

Hey, saw your comment on Sha's blog!! Thank you for appreciating my t-shirts!! Just wanted to let you know that we've got our own domain now: http://www.barcelagos.com, and that if you'd like to order a t-shirt, or have a custom t-shirt/polo specially made for you (I once did one for a client with his face on it, it looked amazing), just stop by my blog http://sugabelly.blogspot.com or send me an email at barcelagos@gmail.com!

Loving your blog!!

Unbiased said...

Babes wetin i do you wey you leave comment for everyone except me.
Abi i no sing again (sob sob)?

Unknown said...

Undacovasista has said it all. Please stay strong and be U. God would not want U to be anyone else.

Take care of yourself sista. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Florida

Thank you for being you.


Undacovasista

I cannot thank you enough. I felt like a burden was lifted after I read your comment.

Mizz Opeke

Yes o. Oba ti o se fowo ro seyin. Thanks for your comment. `Like what yall did with blogville this time o. Imeem playlist , cool background and a wonderful host.

Parakeet

You are an oasis in the desert.

Brown Sugar, Aphrodite & Writefreak

God bless u two for me. I really am grateful.

Jaycee

Always a blessing to me

LIGHTY

Amen prophetess lighty... thank u o. All the best in the competition

UNBIASED

I don comment o abeg

NAIJALINES

Thank you so much

I thank you all for everything
You are wonderful

Unbiased said...

I will join you prayer chain. Let us know when the break through arives cause it will.

O'Dee said...

It is well deariee.
Pray n not faint.
God always has your back.

Lindah said...

I am with you
He is with you
Pray.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

At some point in life, God has a way of helping us trace our step back to him even when we have forgotten he even exist!

"Mercy says no,
I don't want to let you go
I don't want to let you slip away
You don't have to be this way

Mercy says no,
sin would never take control
Life and death stood face to face
darkness try to steal my heart away..
Thank you Jesus
But Mercy says no"

Cece Winans

Anonymous said...

I love Cece Winans

You are a blessing dammy

UndaCovaSista said...

Olamild, thank you too for your comment on my blog. I always hesitate to give advice on blogs, but hearing that what i said was helpful makes me glad i went ahead regardless.

I hope you're feeling much better and now. keep your mind stayed on him. Remember, he keeps them at perfect peace whose minds are stayed on him...God bless

Anonymous said...

Something about this entry gave me shivers, olamild.

I feel like these things you are going through are preparing you to be the woman you are meant to be. Don't be afraid; turn to God in prayer and all will be well.

I have not been a strong prayer for so many years; I that is why this entry spoke to me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

THank you again and again@goonaijagurl and undacova...


I am doing much better I believe
Not feeling as good I need to be
`been having sleepless nights for bout 3 weeks but I believe it is well with my soul.