Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ohhh I remember

I remember my december. You all know that kids can be a hand full. They eat, play, smile and do everything you tell them not to do. You all know that I had one post last month because it was a very busy month for me....the schedule's still tight but HOW ARE YOU GUYS? i don miss una o. Shout out to Opekzy, Ugo, diary, fantasy, jaycee, little miss me, nameless poetical, jaybabe, arewa, princess, sha, ONB, QOMC, writefreak, andy....the list goes on and on. Thank you all for your love and support.

Anyway, my aunt called me on one of those days (december) and said she was attending a nigerian party with her hubby. She said she needed me to babysit her two sons and her friend's kids (1 boy, 1 girl). I guess kids were not allowed at the party. She said they were to take off at 5 pm and wouldn't be back till 4am or so...I packed my bag {sleeping mask, lotion, tooth brush, pyjamas...} and headed there.

4 kids: {running towards me...almost knocking me down} Yayyyyyy aunty is here

Olamild: [smiles] How are you? Oya sit down jare.

Their parents were all dressed up and ready to leave. They told me what everyone needed. My aunt said to give the little boy, pediasure. Her friend's husband said to give his son "more rice and stew" because that's all he eats and he'll keep asking for more. I replied "yall look lovely... oya bye bye." As soon as they were gone ehn, these kids started their wahala. Trust me, I am used to kids o but i no like wahala at all. Let me introduce you to Lady A, B boy, Master C, and D don.
C and D are my aunt's son. A and B are her friend's kids.

A is a 6 yr old girl with suku braids and beads.
B is a 5 yr old boy that loves rice and stew
C is a 4 yr old intelligent boy that will tell u the sun's out, it's good night not good morning.
D is the 2 yr old boy whose favorite words are "NO" and "hunhun" {his way of saying hell no}

Olamild: I am preparing some rice right now. Everyone of you is going to eat dinner at 7pm. You're going to bed by 8 or 9. It will not exceed 9pm o. Got it?

Nobody answered me of course cause they were busy enjoying one boring cartoon like that. I love cartoons o but the one they were watching was ridiculous. I decided to keep myself busy by re arranging their toys..folding all the blankets they threw on the floor. I noticed that D don was looking at me so I asked him if he wanted anything. I don't have to tell you his response. You all know his favorite word.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* @ 6 pm
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lady A: hahahahah he got him real bad. Yes he did. Look B boy

B Boy: {smiling} Yes yes

Olamild: [changing the topic of course] who loves Shrek III?

Master C: I love shrek the third.

B Boy: Me too.

Olamild: And you? [facing D don]

D don: {shrugs} hun hun

Olamild: [imitating him] hmm hmm abi? hahaha you just make me laugh when you do that. Is anyone ready to eat. It's 6:30 pm and I am ready. Who's ready? Talk now, talk now o.

Master C: I'm ready aunty olamild.

Olamild: Lady A, B boy, D don, what about you guys?

Lady A: We're not ready.

I'm thinking to myself... them fit talk say them wan chop when i begin chop now o and cheii if them try that kain thing ehn. Anyway I headed to the kitchen and Master C followed me. I prepared my food and that of Master C. I saw D don roaming around and I'm like do you want to eat now...

D don: No

I gave master C his food and water. I instructed him not to talk while eating. He insisted on seating by my side and we started eating. About 2 mins after,

B Boy: I'm ready now

Olamild: Oh no you didn't [half smile, half frown]

Master C: She asked you if you wanted to eat and you said no.

Olamild: No talking while eating mister.

Lady A: {with the cutest smile} aunty olamild, we're ready now.

See these kids now. Here I am enjoying my rice with solid fried stew and 9ja chicken laps...and these kids want to interfere with my enjoyment. Una go wait until I chop finish o cause i am not going anywhere.

Olamild: Oya follow me to the kitchen now.

Can you believe they didn't answer me. They were so into the TV and there i was preparing their food. I screamed their names and trust me they did not wait for a sec before answering me. We all sat on the floor (living room) and enjoyed our meals. Mind you, D don asked for pediasure and we didn't have any so I begged him to eat rice. He said NO. HE then sat by me as I ate my own food.

Olamild: D don d bobo. Chop rice now.

D don: hun hun

Olamild: Okay.

I put some rice on my spoon and attempted to feed him. He did not hesitate to eat o. I looked at him like you this boy. You're hungry but you're so fond of saying No and you want to starve yourself. He ate most of my rice o.

B Boy: I want more rice and stew

Olamild: [lost in thoughts] How could he possibly want more? I was told he loves rice and stew so i made the largest plate for him. Him rice plenty pass my own o. Chineke save me.

Lady A: He really likes rice. Just give him more.

I went to the kitchen and made two separate plates of rice and I told him to grab one and grab the other later if he still wants more. Don't ask me if he ate it all o

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Around 7: 20 pm ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lady A: Aunty please tell master C to leave me alone. I am drawing a candy bag. He says it looks like a masqurade and he's trying to take the paper from me.

Olamild: Naughty Master C. You better behave yourself before I send you to bed.

B Boy: Leave my sister alone C.

A few minutes later, I saw master C ripping off Lady A's alphabet book. Before I could say anything, she ran to me saying did you see what he did? It took me time to write that and he tore it apart.

Olamild: Oya left right. Forward march to your bedroom

Master C: {about to shed crocodile tears} but I ..

Olamild: I said go to bed mister. You stay there one more minute and you'll get spanked.


Lady A wanted to know if I liked her drawing. I just had to like the color gyration. D don looked like he was sleepy so i placed him on the couch and covered him with a blanket. About 3 minutes later, I hear someone coming down the stairs and i looked up to see Master C halfway down the stairs...

Master C: Aunty Olamild, I need to talk to you. {halfway down the stairs}

Olamild: Go ahead sweetie

Master C: I want to make a promise.

Olamild: [i could not help it] haahahahahh yes

Master C: I promise to be nice to Lady A. I won't disturb her drawings and writings anymore. Please let me watch tv. I promise to tell her I'm sorry.

Olamild: Go ahead

Master C: A lady, I'm sorry for tearing your paper. I will be nice

Olamild: If I let you watch tv, you will not disturb anyone else because if u do , I will...

Master C: Spank me

I saw Lady A holding Master C's hands and they came down stairs to watch tv. We sat down in circles and talked about ratatouille, over the hedge, shrek I, II, and III, Ice age and so on..Lady A excused herself and went to the restroom. I went to the kitchen to grab a cup of water. I came back to see Master C and B Boy fighting over a piece of paper. I looked at the time and it was 8:30 pm.

Olamild: Master C, B boy, Go upstairs now and get in bed. Go on, get..

D don followed them while i cleaned up the living room. Lady A came to see why the tv was off. I told her it was time for bed and she headed up the stairs. By the time I got upstairs, they were in their pyjamas and in their separate rooms/beds. I went to Lady A and B boy' room to pray with them.

Lady A: In jesus name

B Boy: Amen

Lady A: Father lord don't let any cockroaches or anything poisonous come to us. Don't let any lions, tigers, or snakes appear in our dreams

B Boy: Yes amen, I don't...i don't like snakes.

I could not help laughing but I was serious because it was prayer time.

Lady A: Lord please give our parents money to buy clothes, houses and nice cars. Empower us with your holy spirit. We cover ourselves with the blood of jesus.

B Boy: Blood of Jesus

I had to admit I was impressed.. She prayed and said goodnight and sweet dreams. As I was about to leave their room, she called

Lady A: Aunt Olamild {bringing out two teddy bears} Won't you say good night to the princesses?

Olamild: Forgive me my dear. Good night princesses. Sweet dreams B boy. Sleep well Lady A.

I headed to Master C and D don's room. D don was wrestling with the pillow while Master C was pretending to be asleep.

Olamild: Good boy. Close your eyes and pray for us.

Master C: Me?

Olamild: Yes you. Pray for us.

Master C: Jesus the king will come. Jesus the king will come and save us

Olamild: Amen??

Master C: Jesus the king will see us and Jesus the king..uhmm rescue us in times of trouble

Olamild: [fervently] Amen

Master C: Jesus the king... my parents went to the african party and I wanted to go with them but they said I couldn't go. Jesus the king, I like nigerian parties, let them take me with them next time.

Olamild: Amen hahahahahah aunty must hear this one.

Master C: In jesus name I pray

Olamild: Amen. It's your turn D don.

D don: hun hun

27 comments:

little miss me said...

LOL! what a handful. D don is the cutest with his 'NO' and 'hunhun'..
sweet kids.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

lol!
i like the second prayer :)
looooool!

Edirin said...

nice,i hate kids,not really i just hate little kids,its bad but, i cant stand my lil cousins,but i dnt have much choice

love the blog,i love naija bloggers men,i have been missing out on this for soo long

Unknown said...

thanks 4 stopping by guys

Miz Arkitect said...

ahahah lol how cute

princesa said...

Happy new year hun.

Afrobabe said...

Lol..I didnt see that last hun hun coming at all...

Jesus the king will take him to party jare..

darkelcee said...

funny kids!

Jesus the king will grant you a wonderful year!

Hope there was no drama in the middle of the night sha?

Enjoy!

Joy Akut said...

happy nu year sweets...

its so amazing how the lil ones fins it so easy to reconcile after a fight.

babysiting, a thing to love or dread?

...toyintomato said...

Rolflo...hahah
usually, i always go prepared with at least 5 dvds , when baby sittin my aunty's kids.
..loved the prayer

Arewa said...

lol.....i bet u had to take 2 painkiller after all that.

TheAfroBeat said...

haha!! i love kids but fear the day when i will have to exercise patience to deal with mine. Sha, i will have to call on Jesus the King when that day comes ;)

Unknown said...

little miss me

LOL abi now

POetical

Me too oooooooooo

Freshy

U better learn to love kids if u plan on having any.

paradigm

lol lol thx 4 stopping by

Pwincess

I wish u the same. How life now?

Afrobabe

hahahah if him pray well, God go answer am

Darkelcee

AMENNNNNNNNNNN o
I dont even want to think about what i went through before i got some sleep. THe one I shared is just part 1 to what my eyes witnessed that day.

Queen

I say both o

TOyin

Point taken. I am going with 10 dvds next time sef

Arewa

Lol e no easy o

Afrobeat

Lmaoooo. DOnt we all have 2 call on him at some point?

Anonymous said...

tag! ur it...

Zena said...

lmao,

can you imagine, kids ehn!lol

Jesus the king, I asked my parents to take me to nigerian party, lol

Rinsola said...

So i finally updated when i saw ur message, Happy new year and sorry for the break in transmission. Looking forward to a great 2008!

princesa said...

Kids...can be fun!

Admin UD said...

Ugo was here!

Sherri said...

they are so cute!
u try o, 4 kids?
i love the 2nd prayer lots
it's just beautiful to hear kids pray..

are u fully recovered? lol

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

umm dat was a lot of work love. but i totally love kids especially recently, i dont why.
bless their lil hearts awww.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Update now, abeg.........

Jayn Sean said...

Kids are funny believe you me. But thi sone was a funny laugh abeg.

I hope you are fine girl? Havent seen you for a while now!...

Allied said...

lol.. that was funny "Jesus the king will come"

Brilliantly Me said...

Ahh the joys of life. I swear Nigerian kids are a special breed apart.

Miss Opeke said...

U've been ever faithful...my brain is already spinnin' abt d next thing to blog abt. Thanks Olamild.

rethots said...

...an evening with children (tomorrow's future).