Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yahooze Nite

Admission Fee: $20
Event was held this friday (May 23) @ southfield, MI and I was present.

Alabi Pasuma Wonder, one some of yall know from the yahooze album was the star of the night. Pasuma is the king of fuji in 9ja as many yorubas would know. Chaiiii wetin my eyes see that night ehn, my mouth no fit tok am.

The crowd was mixed so we had the old and young showing some love. I was expecting the youngsters to appear in "hoochie" attire (excuse my lang). To my surprise, the older women were the ones that ......kaiii I will not complete that sentence. You ask why? wetin I find go there? Me I went there to do business o and have fun sha make i take truth...however, I was busy distributing flyers for an upcoming event which I will share with yall in my next post.

The setting was really nice though, they had a little lounge on the side with pepper soup, assorted meats, jollof rice, u know the likes... a caterer was there to sell and serve the meal. It was like a food bar. Party didn't start until 12 a.m. even though the flyer said 9 p.m. We listened to Yinka Aiyefele's music until pasuma arrived. My family friend was the photographer and I was chilling with him when paso (as I call him) arrived. Kia kia trust me o as him dey take picture, I was like Paso come o how u go come MI no con take picshure with MI queen? ....

Anyway, the event started off smooth. After 30 mins or so, people started walking up to the stage to dance and spray money...What's with 9ja men and butt shaking aka "poppin' booty" ? Isn't that a female's job?... I couldn't help but laugh at some dance moves. 9ja women 4 michigan do something that nite o... I reserve my comments. My friend and I went up to the stage at a point to spray money in order for him to promote our upcoming event. He did a pretty good job with that and we have been receiving positive feedback since then.

U know fuji musicians are perceived to be razz in 9ja but I beg to differ. Do not judge all based on one person's lyrics. I must admit that everything was pretty decent. The lyrics were not perverted in any way and whooooo na everyone dance fuji yahooze that nite o. I actually like pasuma in comparison to other fuji stars. He stands out to me because he's mingling pretty good and he seems to be more open-minded than others. Did I mention looks? He looks pretty good for his age... infact he looks good period.

I know I am going back and forth, please bear with me cause I am feeling sleepy now. I had fun and I displayed my fuji skillz that night. I was just there doing my own thing jejely when someone just jumps behind me and started grinding on me. Ki lo fe fa gbogbo nonsense yen no? (wetin cause this yawa?)... that's what I thought and I turned around to see this old uncle dressed like a youngster. I didn't know him but I was disappointed. He did not take his eyes off me that night, he even sent 3 people to come talk to me. I had to tell one of my older friends to help me beg him to stay away cause I was not feeling comfortable with him stalking & staring at me on the dance floor. After carrying out my research, I was told that the man attend young people's party while dressed like a young person. His aim is to get a girl/one night stand at every party he attends.

I could not help but wonder if he was married. What if his wife & kids were home thinking daddy was working overnight?...hmmm anyway I HAD FUN and I got a lil creative with one of my picture. I will share more pictures as they come... Until then, Happy Viewing.....

Is it me or do I look devilish in this next foto? joblessness + creativity!...

ANIMATED OLAMILD - PICTURE FROM YAHOOZE NIGHT



19 comments:

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

u look hot. dont mind these old women jare. they are tryin so hard to be young at heart

Chris Ogunlowo said...

LMAO!!!

Nice pix.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know what my animated character would look like

LG said...

lol@....Ki lo fe fa gbogbo nonsense yen no?
no mind all those baba sala men, norrin do u jare, i'm luving ur denge-poise, lol

hope u r gud?

ibiluv said...

i like Paso too
i also dislike those oldies.........

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

i say u look hawtttttte. sounds like u had fun.

Flourishing Florida said...

lol. wetin u put 4 eye abeg

Unknown said...

I beg leave those old women alone o. They are just having some fun:D Though I have to say... I don't like 'mutton dressed as lamb' - (British saying)... as in eko-eko dressed as obokun.

Unknown said...

I actually got creative with the photo...I editted it and made it animated. ...make una no con think say I dey dress for halloween party

Ms. emmotions said...

gal u so fineeee, am pasuma must have felt like a king with all the attention....i guess he is used to it

Parakeet said...

Lol lol...funny thing is that I used to dance to his Music way back. It was all my brothers listened to. I hope you were able to see Pasuma's face on stage with all those mama's spraying him money. The last time I was in NY I went to see Lanre Teriba and that una American mama's no gree me see the man face. And as for hoochie dressing, well I rest my case!

dat 1 okrika babe said...

I notice that too at parties, you sometimes see shameless old women in the skankiest clothing some of them have 3, 4 , 5 kids o.
Lol at the old goat sending his ppl to try and talk to you, he probably does have wife and kids at home.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

looks like you had a great time and you look fab!


BTW, Happy Nigerian Proclamation Day to you! Not sure what that is? Visit NIGERIAN CURIOSITY to find out.

eddiie said...

Hey.Long time. Am sorry i have been really busy with exams.

Am done with University and now officially entering wonder land..

How have you been...

Chari said...

lol...hmnm...somebody has been having fun o...some paso stuvinz mayn...


da pic is scary mayn...

Unknown said...

Babe, I hope u did not misunderstand what I said in my last comment o.

I was talking about the 'old women' you mentioned in your post. Not you dearie! Lol. You look fab. The British refer to old women trying to dress young as: 'mutton dressed as lamb'.

Please let me know you got this o. As I'm worried you might have misunderstood what I said. *now leaves with sad face*

The Activist said...

So, was that u in the picture? U looked fab...I mean fabulous

Aijay said...

Lol @ "To my surprise, the older women were the ones that ......"
U don't need to complete the sentence my dear, I totally understand.
It reminds me of a gig I attended last year. OMG! Those ladies no send anyone oh! My camera did a good job that day. lol

Olamild, u're a hot chica. U looked nice:)

Sam Oracle said...

Looks like you guys had all the fun you could get.

Olamid, that pic makes you look like a .................. I don't know. lol