Sunday, November 25, 2007

STOP THE VIOLENCE

URGENT: 8 YEAR OLD DEFILED

Case 1

She ran around the neighborhood rolling tyres with the boys. They raced down to daleko bus stop to get akara(bean cake) and dundun(fried potato) just before the hide & seek game. A tap lands on her shoulder and it's deborah. "Brother segun wants to see you."
What for? I'm busy with my friends.. tell him I'll see him later.
One of her friends urged her to just go home and not be rude to a request made by an adult. She raced home and no one was home so she decided to watch the television. A knock is heard and she races to the door to find deborah again.
What again?
He said you should come that he wants to play with you.
Tell him his head is not correct(he's insane) hahaha
Okay
You're not about to tell him... ohhh you left whatever!
Segun's mum bursts into her room and yelled "se ori omo mi ni o pe? se egbe e ni?" (you called my child a lunatic. How dare you? Is he your mate?)
Rara ma mi o so be o but (no ma, I didn't say that, but..) She gets whooped with a broom before she could say a thing. "Get out there now and clean your brother up. He pooped in segun's room. "
Okay ma (in tears).
She headed to segun's room and realized that the mess had been cleaned but he wanted her to stay. He was her neighbor and he was about 10 or more years older than her. He'd call her everytime to come play with him. He'd then tell her to touch him in his privates and do other stuffs. He was always trying to get in her panties but she never let him.. she was little but she didn't feel comfortable with it. It took her many years to realise that she was being abused.He was not the only one that did that to her. One of her uncles did it too and they all do it in the name of playing with her. Of all the things they did and made her do, she never let them get inside of her. One of the male neighbors made her touch him and spilled {what she perceived to be milk at the time} all over her. She was made to do a lot of stuffs that made no sense to her. She was only 6 years old at the time.

Case 2

The school proprietress was very fond of her for she was a very smart student. She had access to places where most students couldn't go. On this particular day, she was sent to go the room (where no student in the school had been)to get some items. A guy was told to follow her to help her get some items incase it was too heavy. She gets in there to realize that the room was half empty. She turns to the guy and he says "lets play"
Knowing all the stuffs she's been made to do she says leave me alone or I'll scream
It's too bad no one can hear you.
Leave me alone NOWWWWWW (she screams but no one was nearby)
He grabbed her by the arm and pinned her to the wall. She kicks and pinches but it had no effect on him. He was stronger than she was. Tears rolled down her eyes as he unbuttoned his trousers. She flashbacked and remembered what one of the boys (her childhood friend) told her you could do to hurt someone. Without thinking twice, she grabbed his manhood with all her strength and twisted with all her might. He squirmed and screamed like a fat kid with no chocolate. He begged her to let go but she refused. She could see pain in his eyes and she loved the sight of it. She wanted him to realize that he picked the wrong one to mess with. She made him scream in tears
Please pleaseeee
Promise me you'll never do that to any girl ever again...
I promise
{squeezing harder} I can't hear you
I puhh mise I promise
She didn't let go still. She headed to the door and kicked the door open. She released him and ran as fast as she could. He saw her afterwards (weeks after). He gave her an evil look and looked away as fast as he could. She was about 10 at the time.

Case 3

She was beaten for saying NO to everything. She was forced to do a lot and she had no choice. She was a child. Saying NO meantdisrespect to an adult in the kind of community she was. There was no one to talk to, she couldn't even explain what they were doing to her because she didn't know what it meant until she reached puberty. She was exposed to a lot of sex and violence and she did all she was told to do. Never...not for once, did she let anyone go inside of her...She gets away with "you told me that was a toy and I could play with it, why can't I just play with it now? "... Whenever she didn't feel like "playing", she was beaten or forced.

When she had her first boyfriend, she didn't let him touch her because she thought he was just like the men from the past. She'd scream whenever he tried to get close to her...She wanted to stay away from him but she couldn't because she was in love. The first time she let him hold her hands... she trembled because she thought he was going to ask her to play like they all did. He placed her hands on his heart and asked her to feel his heart beat... he hugged her and told her everything would be okay. It took her 3 years to even let him hug and kiss her. He made her realise that she didn't deserve all she went through in the past and that she could and should open up to him. She did and her life has changed since then. This girl is sharing her story in a summary. You cannot imagine the pain she went through deep inside. She never had the guts to open up to anyone except her bf. He helped her feel comfortable among others and he helped her open up more to share this with yall.

She couldn't have told anyone even if she tried. No African feels comfortable with that... especially in Africa. She wants every guy out there to know that she is for the fight that will eliminate women violence. SHE IS FOR THE FIGHT THAT WILL ERADICATE FEMALE VIOLENCE because they did not wait for her to become a woman before they abused her emotionally, physically, and sexually. She still hurts and she tries not to think about the past. Time has passed but the memory cannot be erased. She's here today to say STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.

SHE WAS & IS OLAMILD

29 comments:

Miss Opeke said...

Thanks Olamild for all your best wishes...I also wish you the same and even more. I will have to take my time to read and then come back to give you a proper comment plz.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Wow, Nice post girl...It's good to speak up to stop the violence against women..Thanks for the message....

An-Igbo-Dude said...

OMG!
It was ur story?
Would never have imagined.
Cant even imagine what u went thru all those years.

I am for fully your cause.

Unknown said...

I might have to delete your comment cresenet
I don't even know what language you typed. I just googled it and tried to figure it out but I can't

@ OPEKE

Thank you for stopping by. It's nice to know you're doing okay.

@ NYEMONI

Thanks. I appreciate ur stopping by

IBO DUDE

Sad huh?
`Never thought I'd be able to open up and share the experience. It hurts so much but with time, it'll all fade away

darkelcee said...

hmmmmm. Don't know what to say

but i guess i can identify with you.

but i m happy you are over it and i am sure God is making your life beautiful again

Joy Akut said...

OMG, i'm all teary now.
God really is
(y)our strenght, or how else would you have come out to speak about it, to stop it from determining what your life should be about(hatred and hurt for what happened)
i cant imagine what u went thru...i wouldnt imagine because i'd never come close to knowing. i have a post i put up, on a teacher in primary sch, although he never had a chance, i keep wondering what my story would be.
God bless you sweety, and thanks for sharing...u give me a clear picture of sunshine after the storm...

Orientatednaijababe said...

Very teary and sad as i write this...this post brought back lots of memories of my childhood wen i was in Nigeria......

Men like dat shud neva exist.....they r an embarrassment to their gender.

U r a strong woman, and thanks for sharing these stories....

OMG!! U got raided by our French friend...i have no idea what d messages says, if u manage to decode it...abeg run am by my end...

Have a lovely week darling

diary of a G said...

sounds like you've been thru more than I can imagine
but
I would've never guessed
you were talking about yourself...
your attitude don't reflect that...

I know you've overcome a lot and it takes A STRONG person like yourself to be

I commend you Olamild cos you a very strong

Admin UD said...

It must have taken a lot of resilience and tolerance to endure thos stuffs. Fortunately so, seeng it had made you a better, stronger womsn ;) Cheers!!

UnNaked Soul said...

Like it goes "God bless the child that can hold its own"

You're a strong woman, don't let your past take that away from you...

Unknown said...

DARKE

thanks. I thank God as well

Queen

"God really is
(y)our strenght, or how else would you have come out to speak about it, to stop it from determining what your life should be about(hatred and hurt for what happened)"

You've said it all. Here I am today living life to the best of my ability.

ONB

God bless you. thanks 4 the comments. Our french/spanish friend is trying to advertise a product o.

G

Trust me, it wasn't easy but i give thanks

UGO

Glory be to God now abi?

UNnaked

*winkz* Got it.

Jayn Sean said...

Oh Noooo! Ola, is that what you went thru? Oh My God! Some people can be so so...
Glad you mastered up the courage to share all that.
Lets continue fighting the violence against women..

princesa said...

I can really say how am feeling right now.
Thanks for sharing this darl.

Ginnie Hart said...

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God!"

Thanks for sharing your story, Olamild. It's part of your recovery and healing!

eddiie said...

Hmmmm..Its been ages since i last stepped in hee...

I have one problem though...I just cannt play the music and i wonder what could be the draw back..

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

ABUSE irks me to the deepest part of my soul especially when its done to small kids! A friend just told me she was abused as a child and though i tried to hide my emotion i was hurting for her. great post girl! we need to keep spreading the message.

Allied said...

I am speechless... but thanks for sharing your story.

I was almost a victim but for some reason, i saw the evil and lust in his eyes. I was 7. i just started crying and he was perplexed. He let me go.

Never told anyone

Unknown said...

Olamild: I am so sorry for what happened to you during your childhood. I thank God that he gave you the strength to move and pass through all that...

This issue is one that is prevalent through out Africa...apart from drawing attention to what is going on..what else can one do??

Afrobabe said...

God, this is so touching...

You turned out to be a strong woman, a woman of integrity..that was the best revenge you could ever drum up...

Love you loads.

Queen of My Castle said...

I agree, I would have never imaggined it was you. You are so strong to even be able to share your story. I pray that in your sharing your story, another is helped and you receive more healing.

*Hugs*

KimPossible said...

Great post. Thanks for making people away of domestic violence.

Keep blogging and bringing awareness.

Stay in touch and drop by my blog spot.

KimPossible

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

oh my...that was u?!
it must have been hard...it must have been...
why do things like this happen?
sad...

Arewa said...

Nice post.ITS GOOD TO RAISE THE AWARENESSOF THESE CHILD ABUSE...AS MORE AND MORE CHILDREN BECOME VICTIMS OF SUCH CRUELTY.....IT IS JUST INSANE AND SOOO WRONG!!

Unknown said...

Jaybabe

What can I say? Everything happens for a reason. I thank God for helping me thus far.

PRINCESA
hmmmmmm

GINNIE

THanks and thanks 4 stopping by

EDDIE

I left a message on your blog. That should help

ONADA

Yup. we've got to do what we've got to do.

ALLIED

it's sad u know

PAMELA

THank GOD for me and you.

AFROBABE

u put a smile on my face

QUEEN

amen amen

ISI
thx 4 stopping by

AREWA

I know it's saddening. That's why we've got to step up and fight for the victims out there

thank u all 4 stopping by

Writefreak said...

Wow! This is some scary stuff! Highly commendable that you can open up like this. I had some incidences in my childhood..i still remember them with a bitter taste in my mouth but they're not nearly this bad! It's great to know none ever got in there, same here!

Anonymous said...

i give thanks

anevisa said...

Words fail me....

You are a big and strong individual. Things can only get better, right?

Thanks for stopping by.

James Tubman said...

this goes on all over the world

historically afrikans took care of their children

but it seems like whenever we are exposed to european culture with it's vulgar attitude towards sex

things like this pop up in our communities

Thirty + said...

I don't believe I am just reading these. The Lord will comfort you even the more. For all you went through you will get sevenfold compensation.

THANKS FOR SHARING