Monday, October 8, 2007

Prayers

ORIENTATED NAIJA BABE BIRTHDAY

Numerous events are taking place all over the world. You've probably thought about partaking in it but did you? We celebrated our 47th year of being Independent. what do we have to show for it? We all made new year resolutions before the beginning of 2007. what exactly did we follow? what did we achieve?



Ask yourself what you've achieved in this year that's coming to an end. Do not lie to yourself. How many times did you pray this year? How many times do you pray in a week? Think about all the tragedy we've all experienced since january. Why are we here? How come we're not gone like those people? Think about the fire explosion that just occured in Nigeria. Think about the poor and needy. Are you better than them? I am asking you all this because I have come to realise that Life without Prayer is nothing. We are not better than those that are gone. We're here because of God's grace. If prayer was the only thing that kept you alive, you might say you're alive by your might. I want you to know that you are being prayed for when you refuse to pray. There's (at least) one person out there praying for you.

Sometimes you hear someone say,
"We've done all we can.
The only thing we can do now is pray."

Prayer really should be our first resort rather than our last resort.

Jesus gave us the Lord's Prayer,
as a model prayer and Jesus himself
often went off to pray,
setting an example for us to do the same.


If Jesus needed to go off and pray,
how much more do we need to?
Praying should not be something we do out of duty and routine.
Prayer is talking and listening to our loving,all knowing, heavenly Father.


Prayer shows our dependence on God,
his power and His wisdom.
Prayer is powerful and so important.

Studies have been done in the medical fieldshowing the power of prayers.
They used two groups of people to observe the difference
between the group that was being prayed for and the group that wasn't.
There was a marked difference in the recovery of those who were being prayed for,
and they weren't even told that they were being prayed for.
Why not pray for someone today? Why not pray for yourself? If you don't know whom to pray for, start by praying for london buki's mom, pink satin's cousin, 2face (he got shot), and so on...If we pray together, we'll achieve everything.

CLICK HERE 2 SUBMIT YOUR PRAYERS REQUESTS

20 comments:

Admin UD said...

As we used to sing in Sunday School...Prayer is the Master Key

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

i hear u ugo. it really is the answer key. bless u for this beautiful reminder.

feather said...

worry about nothing. pray about everything.

Miss Opeke said...

God has given me all I asked for this year...it is time I started giving Him what He ask for from me...

Arewa said...

UGO 1O/10 for ur comment... but people lets not forget that God helps those who help themselves.. there is no point praying about something and expecting God to do it all... if u know what i mean.

God has been good to me for the past ... yrs of my life.. He performs a miracle in my life each day by giving me the gift of life to see another day. I THEE O LORD..!!

diary of a G said...

Hey Olamild, just passing thru to say whad up?

Rinsola said...

This makes me ask myself again, can we actually thank Him enuff for bringing us thus far? Miss lady how has ur week been?

Anonymous said...

hey olamild, true talks! We realy need to be prayerful. Those qus got me hard i wont lie. I pray God gives us the grace to be prayerful without ceasing , cos it can be an issue most times , jst to pray for a minute. God help us!

In btw, how have u been?

Unknown said...

Oh yes o
Jesus stared with prayer
and ended with prayer
Prayer is the master key @ UGO

Bless u too lighty


well written@feather

A sense of gratitude/appreciation brings more and more blessings @opeke

yup like praying without studying 4 ur exam....U need to study and then ask God for retaintive memory I thank the lord 4 your life AREWA

Wud ^ G?

Not bad my sis. We cannot thank him enough. @rinsola

Amen to your prayer chicala. stay blessed

@ ALL

I am okay and I am bouncing in the lord. I pray for your safety and blessings. GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

aunt opekzy

BLOG don turn to no go area
Is it rated M for mature?
lil olamild can't take a peek?

Aramide said...

why copy cat if i may ask?

i quote whatever blog i get my info from and i dont plagiarise so pls justify ur statement

Aramide said...

great post though - life without prayer truly is nothing. Thanks for this

Ejura said...

Hi Olamild,
Thanks for stopping by mine. I'd be back to read your post.
Take care girl!

Orientatednaijababe said...

Thank u sooooo much for organising d come chop oh...i was almost goin to cry wen i saw d page. I am deeply touched...thanks so much. May d Lord bless u...Thank u everyone for making my day

Jayn Sean said...

most people will say money, but i also think prayer makes the world go round, i.e it makes life the gr8test thing to be by...

well written post.

Unknown said...

@ mona

I believe I have responded at your blog
I was only talking about all the nigerian shows you posted
they reminded me of most AMerican SHows
that's why I typed 9ja and copy cat... at least we're copying somthing good.
thx 4 stopping by

@ejura
take care

@ONB
amen amen. u r blessed

Yes o jaybabe

Aijay said...

Hi Ola!
That was one helluva party for ONB. I want my own party o. Lol.
How u dey?

Aramide said...

uh oh! oops - insert shy face here

thanks for stopping by missy

my bad...

meanwhile that ur other prayer is deep

nice one xx

Orientatednaijababe said...

@Aijay: stop being jealous, it does not suit u at all......

Unknown said...

@AIJAY

Jeluxy o. No worry now. We go do your own next time. Infact we will shut down all the blogs that day. NObody go post anything unless it has to do with your bday

@MONA

Prayer is important. I have come to realize that and I must emphasize its importance.

it's ok