Friday, October 19, 2007

N100 Worth of Time

** SUNDAY UPDATES **

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man. "

SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"

DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily. "

SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"

DAD: "If you must know, I make N100 an hour."

SON: "Oh," the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow N50?"

The father was furious, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that N50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

"Are you asleep, son?" He asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the man.

"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the N50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" He yelled.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.

"Daddy, I have N100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?
Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you
."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of us working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share that N100 worth of your time with someone you love.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours.
But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.


SUNDAY

Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me he died on
Calvary

Mercy there was great, and grace was free
Pardon there was multiplied to me
There my burdened soul found liberty at
calvary

OLAMILD : {screams} CALLLLLLLVARYY

By God's word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I'd spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned to

OLAMILD: {screams} CALLLVARYYYYYYYY

I believe I was the loudest when it came to the 'CALVARY' part. It was the only line I knew in the hymn that was rendered at church. I know we've all had similar experiences. When we hear a song, we mumble and sing silently until it gets to the part we really know. Service was fun and we give thanks to God for that. I came home to clean the house and I headed out with my sis. We volunteered to represent 9ja by dancing at the international concert that was held at WCC. We met with 2 other girls from Nigeria and we quickly changed to our outfits...

Nothing fancy- a tanktop, black leggings, green glittery wrapper, beads representing the nigerian flag, green and white strings attached/braided into our hair...I believe one of the girls has the pictures. If it turns out well, I'll share some. We danced to 'Coupe Decale' by teeyah. We represented Nigeria with our outfit and represented a huge part of Africa with the dance moves. We walked all sorts of traditional steps into the dance...sparkle was even trying to work soulja boy into it.. DOn't tell her i told you o. Oh well everyone got to do as they pleased when it got to the free styl portion. All of the other steps were co-ordinated by me.

Announcer: I introduce you all to a group called AREWA from Nigeria (lights dim)

Audience: Yayyyyyyy (applause)

We walk up to the stage and stood there for good 2 mins and the music did not start. Thank God I was closer to the exit.. I exited to find out what was going on and they said our CD did not read... what? 4 where? I had to get the girls off the stage, while the audience gave them a round of applause... We went to the tech pple and they gave us a CD that says Nigerianne. WHAT? THat's not our CD. My Cd says Coupe Decaler teeyah....talk of commotion, anger, 9ja madness... we were roaming the halls grumbling. I just went to my car and got another CD (thank God i had extras) and we went back after the columbian pple did their dance.

What if I didn't have an extra cd? Imagine if it was you, what would you have done?

.................................................................................................................
Hardwork and Dedication brings good thing in life. life's a struggle and you have to face tough situations and conquer them to be called - Successful.

" when you take short cuts in life, you get cut short." REv Run said it, what do you think?

14 comments:

The Beads Factor said...

Hello!
I just want to introduce my blog to you.
I do hope you would drop by
Thanx

Admin UD said...

awwwwwwww...now, that's one touching piece! and yet sooooo true!

Zahratique said...

*sniff* *sniff*m That was sooo goood and quite sad really...Nice!

Writefreak said...

Nice one, think i read it before but it's a good reminder....

Arewa said...

Awww..how sweet.Very true though..Thanks for the reminder dear.. x x

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

sweet. read it before but it still touched me.

Miss Opeke said...

I hope you are doing fine? As per your singles, I hope you are getting great reviews on it? Anyways, do take care of you...

Jayn Sean said...

Wow!..you know..i been thinking so hard about where i'm gonna be for new year's thing. In fact i'll be going home for xmas to be with my family and then come back to resume work b4 new year. I been crashing my head as to where i shud go for new year's. Now..after reading this...i think i'm gonna go home again for new year's. Thank you Ola...**hugs**

Unknown said...

Nice
I stopped by your blog
and saw some kool beads
I love beads

@ UGO
Hmmmmmmm yeahh

@Zahr
need a tissue?.. lol

@write
yes it is

@arewa
Anytime

@gal
it'll always touch everyone

@opeke
Oh Yeah
Thanks 4 asking
The feedback is actually wonderful
It's not what I expected for a song that's not even perfected but I thank God o.

@jaybabe
AHWWWWWWWW

LurLar said...

Wooooow....d father nd son story really touched me.

Thnk God u had extra copies in ur car.

Standing Truth Betold said...

oh! i was so touchewd by the story of the kid and his father. thats so sweet. nice song playing too..

rethots said...

Oh, a good remainder for us all.
Who (& what) are those things that really matter in life?

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

can u imagine not having another cd? that would have been it u know? we thank God for good wisdom. God is truly love like rev Run always concludes.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

How sweet...Very nice the way the kiddo went around saying he wanted to hang with his dad...Nice one....Thanks for ckecking up on me btw!