Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wonderful poem by a Powerful Poet

So you read the previous post and you know about the prayer water situation... my sis had an ear infection that bugged everyone in the house for a whole week. We thought it wasn't serious but it became unbearable and she was rushed to the ER in pain...After all the prescriptions and all... she was fairly relieved. I just told her to use the water mummy was sprinkling all over the house. She did and the swollen ear reduced in size and relieved her... God is good o. She's doing very fine as of now. She even went to the church picnic with moi yesterday. We played volley ball, badminton, soccer, dance in circles, and so on... imagine person wey dey cry before in pain running around the park with old church women. I testified on her behalf today.

The poem I'm about to share is one we all have access to. Some of us might have read it before..not here though. I read it for the first time and it made me shiver. I felt it's worth sharing. what do you think?...

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

Author: King David.. {Psalm 63 : 1-8.....in the wilderness of Judah}

ALL ABOUT LOVE

13 comments:

Miss Opeke said...

First...!!! You too I must say are a powerful poet!!!
Howz ur sis feeling now? Take care and give her a kiss for me...

Unknown said...

cheiiiiiiii
she no even let me type finish
oya come collect puff puff and chin chin.

PS: She's taking a nap

Aijay said...

Ok, Olamild I'm glad u let me in on ur update. I don update too. But na wa for this Miss Opeke. How & when did she get here? Hiss* lol...
I love the book of Psalms. Words that remind you of God's unfailing love.
Nice post.
My love to your sister.
L8r!

Rinsola said...

hope u'r sister is feeling much more better, and hope u had a great weekend. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week ahead.

Unknown said...

:-)
I am glad...
pammy

Admin UD said...

It's a pity. She told me aout the ear thing. So sorry. hope she gets better 'soonest'

One!!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Was that poem all yours? How nice....very lovely, might I add!

Queen of My Castle said...

Really nice Psalm. I agree with Miss Opeke, you, too, are a powerful poet.

Miss Opeke said...

Haba! make I knee down beg u...which one bi d Iya Junior now??? Abeg I still dey single oh...in fact, e get one bobo wey won cum tell my Papa & Mama say him love me and him won marry me...if e see dat Iya Junior e go juz run commot...I bi sweetie, honnie Miss Iyabo Opeke
Anywayz, datz by d way...I cum collect my Chin-Chin & Puff-Puff...shei u get Akara too? At least, make I take am eat with garri...

Have a Blessed week...!!!

LurLar said...

The poem is really soul lifting!!!

Jayn Sean said...

I love that poem too.

Oh my Sparkle...she'll be fine oo! Tell her i gues i was jokin' that she might have offended somebody back home in Naija, thats why she's havin' that bad ear. T'was a joke okay? Tell her she'll be fine. In not time.

My prayers to her...

Unknown said...

@ aijay, i no tell u say opeke con spend one week vacation 4 my blog?

@ rinsola, my weekend was nice. I attended a church picnic (3 churches at the park)...we played lots of games and had fun dancing and giving praise to God.

@ pam, i am delighted

@ugo, thx 4 ur luv n concern.

@nyem, na all of us get the poem.

@ queenie... u r blessed.

@ Madam d madam opeke... na pple like u we go invite to come chop and una go hold person hand...na akara olororo u want abi akara elepo?

@ lola.. aren't u blessed?

@jayb, i will send ur love and prayers to her

@ ALL, thank u all for your comments

Sam Oracle said...

David is the greatest poet that ever lived, although he talked about God.
His words are direct and real.

His son solomon was another good poet, but he was a love poet.

And we still have great poets in Africa, Nigeria and Blogsville.
Poetry is an outlet of the soul, the expression of ourselves in our own true words.


Sorry about your sister, hope she gets well soon.
Tell her we're praying for her