Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My First Rant on Blogville

I don't usually rant but I will today just for fun...so make una bear with me and read something different 4 a change.


phoshhhhhhhhhhhhh ahn ahn water land on my head 4 my sleep ... roof dey leak? I looked up to see my mum sprinkling prayer water everywhere. We brought the water from the 3 days program we attended and we were told to sprinkle it all over the house and ward off evil.. na why my mama con pour water 4 my head now 4 where i been dey sleep?....... nway I couldn't sleep afterwards. this was around 5:45 a.m. mind you.

My summer was going to be boring so I took a seasonal position at my school bookstore. It's being stressful with the rush from students trying to purchase their books for the fall semester. One particular girl's been on my case and it's driving me nuts. Everything was stressful as usual but I was no one to complain cause the manager enjoyed making me do all the work (maybe no one else is competent). Nway male manager con leave early and na female manager dey there and she busy... A co worker walks up to me "do you want to vacuum? we want to leave at 7 p.m." " Hmm maybe but not now.. I am not done ringing up items and I still need to arrange my counter." .. She leave me con go do some work.. Next thing this yeye girl wey don dey on my case come talk say " Lovita, go and vacuum that floor now. I want to get out of here at 7"...see me see wahala? who she dey command? I said ok and went back to stapling receipts and arranging counter.


Another guy wey don dey take style vex me last week come beg me to vacuum sha. I started vacuuming.. na so that gurl talk say i miss some spots.. I think 4 my mind say u want comot for 7 abi? nobody fit leave this place until I finish vacuuming.. 7 go pass before i finish... The yeye vaccum sef no pick up any dirt so I asked wat to do " Well a new vaccum is in the back room , get it and vacuum this floor so we can leave" I looked at her and shaked my head... The boy con talk say " U don't have to get the new vacuum cleaner.. just get a celotape... wrap it around your hand and dab the floor from one place to another until you pick up all the dirt. You know the dirt will stick to the celotape"... see my life like rotten moi moi? na me them dey send up and down. na me them dey tok to like this all because I chose not to talk at work.... Na so i enter manager office go count my drawer while leaving the dirt and the vacuum there. The girl begin shout my name ... i no even answer am. What's up with this akatas seF? If you don quiet 4 work them go think say u be mugu... I delayed everyone until 7:20 p.m. Mind you I was told to vacuum at 6:30 p.m. If someone is being disrespectful and unnecessarily rude, I will not reciprocate.. I know just how to get on the person's neck sha.

FLASHBACKS

Nonsence and fried chicken!....I could recall the first time I travelled outside Nigeria. My uncle use to drop me off at the embassy and the hospital.. whether na st nicholas abi kamorass...i no remember sef. We got up at 6 am to meet up with our scheduled appointment... Abt 15-17 mins away from the hospital, we got stuck in a traffic and if we get there late, them go tell us to reschedule.. 4 where we go buy fuel when na beg we beg God before we got the one we got? The line was not moving at all.. My uncle got out of the car and walked about 5 mins away to find an okada. He came back and the car was where it was (stuck in traffic with me in the car). He just entered his car and ordered me to catch the bike to the hospital that he will meet me there when he gets out of the traffic..Na how i go take climb okada with mini skirt now? When u comot 4rm ur house with ur car, how u take know say u go need to board okada abi bus to get to your destination? ...


I no sabi turn sideways on okada but i was good with okada... (at least i go don plan 4rm my house say na okada i wan board). I got on it (thank God say i dey always wear short knicker regardless but this one too short)... As i climb the thing, skirt just open con reveal wetin eye no suppose see... (my full thighs were out for the world to see). Here I am trying not to let my chest touch the okada driver and my skirt don open... His fellow okada men were smiling. I was the one giving him the directions to the hospitall... as we enter one street na so one yeye thing scream "yeeeee ewo itan...omo ki lon happen" (see laps.. o baby wetin dey?) Na on top of bike i dey hear this i con turn my face begin direct olokada until i got to my destination.

as if that one no worst reach... I met the doctors ( 2 guys , 1 lady). Them begin examine my eye (u know cover one and read with the other from a distance n all that crap) .... Doctor A con tok say make i read something and i no see am. Him tok say something do my eye say him must examine me and see.. I said okay.. He told me to go to a corner in that room and I said okay. How old are you?, says doctor B...I'm 15 sir. You are a big girl, replied doctor B. Anyway, I went to the corner as instructed by doctor A. " take off your shirt!" says Doctor A. 4 where? .. wetin that one wan do now? How breast take relate to eyes my people and na only bra i wear underneath my blouse.. .e gbami o.... I said pardon me sir... take off your shirt so I can examine you. Na so him pull curtain like say him wan cover me from being seen by the other doctors. Oh yes he covered me.... from the female doctor's view .. the other yeye one dey look me somehow....Na so I comot shirt halfway waowwwwww, that's a really big girl, says doctor B aloud. I removed my blouse and laid on the bed with my hands on my chest. Na so doctor begin test my chest o... Jesus save me, how that one take connect to my eyes? Him put one thing 4 my eye con begin examine my belly....I don begin giff am bad look say come o u dey pass your boundary. Him begin blow garmmar for my head about wetin dey do him family (not me sha). He touches my lower belly and attempted to slip his hand into my skirt...... na so i hold him hand con stand up.. I know say test don finish now.. Even if him dey test me before... the test don finish and we both know it has.... I stood up and picked my blouse..and turned my back.. he's like sure u can dress up, we're done...HMMM 9ja doctors... them fit harass your pikin if you no dey there. I could not even narrate the incident to my uncle...I frowned until we got home that day...I got to school the next day and narrated the incident to my bf and my bf (best friend TJ and boy friend D1). ..... it was an unpleasant experience for me. Old man feeling on me... ewwww.

Okay I'm off to bed. I'm done ranting... it's not my thing.or shall I rant some more? lol ...oh well i cannot help but leave yall with something to hold on to. Do not question God or his works..



There was a young man who went overseas to study for quite a long time. When he returned, he asked his parents to find him a religious scholar or any expert who could answer his 3 Questions. Finally, his parents were able to find a Muslim scholar.

Young man: Who are you? Can you answer my questions?

Scholar: I am one of Allah (SubHana Wa Ta`ala )'s slaves and Insha-Allah (God willing), I will be able to answer your questions.

Young man: Are you sure? A lot of Professors and experts were not able to answer my questions.

Scholar: I will try my best, with the help of Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala). Young Man: I have 3 questions: 1. Does God exist? If so, show me His shape. 2. What is thaqdir (fate)? 3. If shaitan (Devil) was created from the fire, why at the end he will be thrown to hell that is also created from fire. It certainly will not hurt him at all, since Shaitan (Devil) and the hell were created from fire. Did God not think of it this far?

Suddenly, the Scholar slapped the young man's face very hard.

Young Man (feeling pain): Why do you get angry at me?

Scholar: I am not angry. The slap is my answer to your three questions.

Young Man: I really don't understand.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: Of course, I felt the pain.

Scholar: So do you believe that pain exists?

Young Man: Yes.

Scholar: Show me the shape of the pain!

Young Man: I cannot.

Scholar: That is my first answer. All of us feel God's existence without being able to see His shape... Last night, did you dream that you will be slapped by me?

Young Man: No.

Scholar: Did you ever think that you will get a slap from me, today?

Young Man: No.

Scholar: That is takdir (fate) my second answer........ My hand that I used to slap you, what is it created from? Young Man: It is created from flesh.

Scholar: How about your face, what is it created from?

Young Man: Flesh.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: In pain.

Scholar: Thats it. this is my third answer, Even though Shaitan (Devil) and also the hell were created from the fire, if Allah wants, insha-Allah (God willing), the hell will become a very painful place for Shaitan .

HOLLA AT YOUR GURL BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL DEEP MESS

14 comments:

Rinsola said...

Okay i don't want popsicles for being the first, i want to go somewhere for lunch. lol @ ur mom sprinkling water on you, pele.
Were u actually told to use a tape to pick up dirt instead of the new vacuum cleaner? awwwwwwww, that wasn't nice of them, pele dear. Hope u'r not pissed anymore?
That story was a good analogy. Have a great week miss lady

Unknown said...

It was one of my co-workers that suggested that. I no know say them dey claim seniority for book store. I rejected it straight away..l.. I am no longer pissed. Thanks 4 stopping by...

Since u don't want popsicles, u can have a bag of fritos.

Manda said...

mmmh, babe u funny o! abeg na bookstore abi na cleaner work u go do? which one be use cellotape wrap hand! u try sef, me i go tell whoever suggest the nonesense to come pick am imself.

Lol @ mumsy.


Why u even pull shirt first, i wont be caught dead or alive wit my shirt off in a male doctor office o! those ashewo pple!

This ur lesson good o! the scholar just give beta answer!

rinsola gets fritos for carrying first, "wat i get" for carrying 2nd? (na so our expertriates dey speak for here)lol

Unknown said...

hhahahah save me o my sister
It's a bookstore
but they sell other items as well..
Al school supplies ( back pack n school clothing included)
they have a section where they sell snacks and drinks
na for that side them put fine rug that needs to be vaccummed before the store gets closed 4 d day.

U no trust? As that boi ttalk that thing, i jus look am from head to toe say wetin do this chicken heaD?

Gurl how i no go comot cloth?
if na u , wetin u 4 do?
NO be me find wahala
If i don siddon 4 9ja jejely, them no go tell me to dey go test for no reasons... make i begin face horny tigers.

For being second, u get a lollipop
claim it by jumping up 7 times.

UnNaked Soul said...

my first time here...
am touching down...
*wink*

Aijay said...

All these people getting fritos & things. My own na special delivery, Ola u know now.

Wow, this post has a lot.
Your co-workers need some serious talking to. What rubbish was that, giving u orders like that. U don't hv to be rude to them, just let them know there's a limit.

That doctor is such a pervert. If he could attempt that to you, I hate to imagine the num of kids he has done that to. Very sad.

As for the 3 questions, lol...

Next time you update make sure u holla. I na nu? U hear? lol.....

eddiie said...

Now..thats what i call sitting down and writing...Not just dreaming and waking up to write..

I love your detailness.....Keep the spirit...Looks like it my first visit here..

Miss Opeke said...

@Manda Na d same question I won ask her...Shei Ma'am Olamild u no tell dem say u bi Olori & U no dey do dat kain job. Wetin dem take u tu bi sef...abeg make dem no vex me bicoz I go juz cum scatter dat place...(***wink***) [All na shakara]

dr. DoSomethin'Naughty, which one bi all dat touchin' up & down...e gud as u juz commot dia quick quick b4 d touchin' cum pass be careful...

On a different note, which one u cum dey say na Papa Junior pension I take renovate...abeg o I nefer marry o...u want all dis Boboz wey won marry me cum run go think say I don marry...abeg juz sofly sofly dey talk make dem no hia...lol

So lovin' d rantin' part of you...

Miss Opeke said...

Abeg let Momsie pour d water upon ur head o...maybe all those pipo wey dey vex u go run from u

EDNUTEY said...

lol...orisirisi

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....i guess ur mama just wan bother u.
Mehnnnnn i used to have co-workers like dat oh,one day i was told to vaccum i said it's not my job to vacuum the other person too talk say he no go vaccuum. Dem con call oga pata pata,say we no wan vacuum.Oga say make dem fire us kia kia. I told d person if dem born am well make he talk fire with im mouth...if he talk am make he no waka for southside sha....everything na shakara, na so supervisor carry vacuum do am kia kia. Some akatas be olorikori big tyme. U for tell that one wey tell u say make he use that ducttape nd seal his gabbage mouth. I guess u got ur own revenge back jare. If you realy dnt like d way she talks to u...talk to her about it,if she no hear,talk 2 d manager or call human resources...she can get fired for that.

Woooooooow i love that story/conversation. God bless ur heart for sharing it.

Unknown said...

@ unaked, thanks 4 stopping by both cribs... really.. THANKS

@aijay, u wan subscire b dat o.. make i dey tell u when i update? that would cost $19.99 per month. You can save by subscribing for a whole yeah.. that'll be $99.99

@ed, thanks 4 d comments

@ maam opekzy, hehehehehhehehehe

@ sparkle, na who u dey take blue dress shakara 4?

@ lurlar, God bless

@ ALL
It is very sad to think about. WE need to do something about child molestation/child abuse. If to say i no wise small, the man 4 take advantage of me and I would have thought it was a mere test. You know how naija kids r now.. something go happen them no go fit tell their parents....

Child abuse or whatever u call it is wrong and it has no other name but wrong.. I almost cried todaywhen i saw this iraqian wanna be (mother) with a lil boy (abt 1-2 yrs of age).... she put the boy on a leash and she was waiting in line to get her books. THe line was so long and the lil boy's legs was hurting. He cried... wanting to be picked u and she did not pick him up.

THis lil boy was screaming his lungs off in the store for close to 15 mins and this idiot did nothing about it. I could not hold it anymore... I just regreted the fact that i did not carry candy in my hand today.. I was hoping i cud give it to him so he could stop.

When she was buying her books, the boy was still crying ( i was not the one ringing her up.. i wud have said something)... She looked at the boy and said " your legs hurt? You can hold it. WE've not walked ot any place that you cannot bear" and I am looking like what da fizzy is wrong with this motherfudgecake? how she go dey abuse pikin like thaT? she ended up pushing the lil boy out of the store when he refused to take a step forward... I was pissed that there was no reception where i was, i swear i would have called the cops on her... the boy ws too young to go through all that waiting in line...

Sisbee said...

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry about those work people, I felt harrassed in a similar way recently and it sucks! But never mind. Yeah, that holy water thing is something I'm sure most of us have gone through

Unknown said...

nice to have u here sisbee