Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Poetry for Charity

A project founded by Chiedu Ifeozo - a man who has his way with words. Poetry for charity is a project which aims to bring together several writers from various regions of the world using the facebook social networking website, with a common aim of donating their poems and spoken word pieces to be added to a collection. All the revenue raised from the sale of the book would be donated to 3 different charities for every edition of the collection. Read more here

After reading some of Chiedu's work, I was inspired to pick up my poem book and I found a poem/song i wrote in 2005 for the less privileged children in Nigeria and all over. I never recorded this song but a thought came to me today. I feel I should get my friend to play the guitar while I sing this song. we could make a video and share with yall. what do u think?


Do or Say

What would you say?

What would you do?
There's no gain but pain
in their sorrowful life

what would you say?
what would you do?
There's no fame but shame
in their painful life

If you are the answer to their problems
would you lend a helping hand?
will you be a shelter in the rain
so as to make a happy day?

If you only knew that you could make things new
will you be here
when no one's there
is all they'd ask

What would you say to take away the pain?
What would you do to wipe away the tears?
What would you say?
What would you do?

2 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

I love the idea, and would love to hear these words put to music.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

thank u