Monday, April 13, 2009

Five

Happy Belated Easter Blogsville.
I thank you all for praying for and with me.
May God be with you all o.
I am doing much better now
Still cold but better...thanks to yall.
I went to the show but I did not perform.
I went there to show love and support sha.

My state of condition this past week
has made me think deeply.
Imagine having migraine for 4 whole days
with additional fever and sinus
....non stop pain...
I asked myself
what if migraine was a part of my daily life?
and then I dropped down and thanked God.

We do not know how blessed we are
to just wake up and go about our daily life
without migraine or pain of any sort.
Every day should be a day of thanksgiving.
I thank God
but I swear o..
I am not falling sick again.
If the thing wan come sef, i no go gree.
Here is 5 reasons why Olamild should/will not fall sick again.

(5) Mom will call at least 10 times in a day to check on me. "hello have u eaten? what did you eat? was it small or plenty? ehen did you use that drug abi you are lying? Do you remember what I told you.. a woman must drink lots of water you know. It is good for your body you know since you want to have kids in the future. Make sure you rest and cover your chest. Boil water...pour water on your head o.. water this and that. " Mom will go on and on.. the thing go taya you on my behalf.

(4) Mr. will worry until he falls sick too. "I already told you to sleep because you need lots of rest. If you cannot sleep, just lay in bed and relax. You stress yourself too much, I don't like it o. Stay in bed and rest, dont go anywhere. If you go anywhere ehn.. you this girl, I am begging you. Don't kill me with worries o." He goes on and on too. He even threatened to come to my house, and tie me to the bed with a rope...all in the name of forcing me to rest. Egbami! Do I look like easter ram? Even my girlfriend from florida threatened to fly in and join in in tying me to the bed. They know I go up and down all the time.

(3) My sister will wear everything I like cause I am too tired to shout. Yes o! That girl will wear my favorite shoe abi top abi scarf sef. She'll then ask me how it looks on her. Imagine

(2) I look starved. I always look like one abandoned guguru seller whenever I am sick. Even if it's just for a day, I will shed so much weight; one would be worried.

(1) I have weird dreams whenever I am sick. Last time I was sick, I dreamt I was in one of those disney movies...i think it was snow white and the 7 dwarves. The dream I had this time which was on friday night to be precise ehn... e get as e be. I dreamt I was dating chris brown. First of all, I am not a fan of his although i love some of his songs. Second of all, him too young and to top it all up sef... i fit fight rihanna? I get mouth but I can't fight o.

If I just dreamt alone, it would have been good. I actually dared him to dance with me. I told him I could move better than the girls in those videos they make. I danced in my dream in such a way that I could not even dance in real life. The dream ended with us hugging each other like say tomorrow no dey. I woke up hissing and swore to never fall sick again. I am tired of all this meaningless dreams.

All the same, I thank everyone that prayed for me. Please join me in a minute of silence for Imade. The students in Michigan as a whole are grieving right now. We lost a wonderful Nigerian friend and sister to sickle cell. May Imade rest in perfect peace.

5 comments:

Kafo said...

may God continue to protect u oooooooooooo

Writefreak said...

It is well with you Olamild...may Imade's soul rest in peace! Damn sickle cell!

Unknown said...

glad u're feeling better!

Good Naija Girl said...

I'm sorry for your loss. May God bring peace and understanding to Imade's family.

And you....no more getting sick! S'o gbo?

Olufunke said...

Thank God for His healing
It shall be permanent in Jesus name!
and yes o.......you will not allow the sickness again.
Go girl!