Thursday, December 11, 2008

100th Post

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Me!

This is my 100th Post

It took me two whole years to achieve this.

Let's drink to that.

I want to thank you all for all the love and support. I want to (specially) thank those that posted my "Show me the way" banner at a particular point of the year.

Compliments of the season Folks! Jesus is the reason for the season. Let's not forget to give him thanks.

I am blessed to be a part of the "blogsville experience." It's been a long year with so many good memories...blogsville idol 08, 14th and serenity, and so on.

I am thankful this season. I am very grateful to God because I believe I am very close to my breakthrough. How do I know this with all the trials I'm facing? Despite my being unemployed for the past 6 months (yes o...and i try but yall don't know how bad the economy is in MI); God has been faithful in my life. I have the best family and friends that support me with words of wisdom. I have been able to cope financially because I saved for rainy days. Now I am thoroughly broke and beautiful. I give thanks still.

I give thanks because 5 of my cousins are visiting (from ATL) for xmas. I have not seen them in 2 years. I have not even seen the baby of the house at all.

I give thanks for my mother. Although we've had our share of troubles this year, she's been a backbone for me. She's supportive and loving; she's the best. That's mom in the midst of some of her friends.


I give thanks because I have a wonderful man in my life. A man that will do anything (including swim through a river filled with hungry crocodiles) to put a smile on my face. `Just thinking about how much he cares and loves me makes life worth living. Yall know the feeling now...all you need to have is that one person and it feels like you have the whole universe.

I give thanks for Olamild Entertainments. I have come a long way and i couldn't have done it on my own. It all started in summer 2007 and we've accomplished so much. View OLAMILD GALLERIA to see pictures from past events.

I give thanks for my younger siblings. They are clowns and they light up my world. They rep 9ja and the yoruba culture any day any time. Somehow they manage to know how I am feeling even when i don't say so. When i do feel down and look down, they gang up and tease me....saying stuffs like it is well o my sister, Mr. prince charming will ask 4 your hand in marriage by this time next week. How can i stay down after hearing such words? hahahah



I give thanks for all my friends. I give special thanks for my girl Nay Nay. I just thank God for standing by her because it's not easy to be a single parent. I recall when she called to say she was getting married... how i thought it was too soon and when she called to say she was getting a divorce + she's pregnant. I recal the baby shower...she just looked like she had a basket ball inside her blouse lol ...she didn't gain any weight. It was a very tough phase but I thank God for her life and that of her baby Jaydn. I thank God for being faithful and standing by her throughout the whole situation. Look at them today. I love my lil God son.



I give thanks for the numerous talents bestowed on me. I give thanks for the opportunity I have had this year. I give thanks for the Redeemed Christian Church of God all over Michigan; they've given me the opportunity to share my music and minister to youths at different occasions. I specially thank the mountain of the lord parish and winner's chapel. That's (pink) me with the RCCG winner's chapel choir at Flavor of Praise , an event hosted by RCCG MOTL.



I give thanks for Yoruba Youth Corporation. We started in july 2008 and we've accomplished so much in less than 6 months. Our cultural dancers are the best. Click image to see website.



I give thanks for this baby girl Pelumi. I have been known to love babies. I actually witnessed the birth of this girl and it was a blessed experience so to say. I was scared to death because i had the video camera and was told to record. At one point, I sat down and fan myself even though it was and is winter time. uhmmm now I'm scared of giving birth. I still love babies o and this is my newest god daughter. She's a month old now. Bad old me! Them tell me to babysit.. i dey take pictures for where she dey sleep..



Alicia keys' No one (Yoruba Version) will be out before this year runs out...stay tuned lol

I give thanks for my motherland Nigeria...I gats to rep 9ja all the time...especially on Independence day. This was oct 1, 2008. You can take the gurls outta bush but u can't take the bush outta them.



I give thanks for you. Yes you! I give thanks because you are alive to read this post. I thank you for being there. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year in advance. See you in 2009.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you on your 100th post and on all your accomplishments this year! May 2009 bring only good things to you!

Jennifer A. said...

Congratulations on all your accomplishments sweerie...more are coming your way!

Joy Akut said...

congrats missy...
i love it that you said 'broke and beautiful' one has to be optimistic...
happy holidays.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Congrats on your 100's.

I wish you more of great achievements the coming year. Lovely pics.

Mimi said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww loved ur post!

its good to count one's blessings :) many more on the way.

meanwhile check out my blog for a music competition. you may know someone interested. (there is a post on it just below the current post)

darkelcee said...

I join you to say thank you Jesus.

Hope you have a wonderful 2009 and Say hi to your man.

ablackjamesbond said...

compliments dearie! have a fun filled xmas and may the new year offer in better things for u.

Mad love!!!!!!!!!

Uzo said...

Congratulations on all you have achieved....i wonder -would you marry someone who isnt yoruba?

Anonymous said...

Thank you girl
God bless you
You have claimed the #1 spot
and the #1 blessing.
BE good

Jaycee, thanks
You've been a sweetheart
God bless ya

Fanatazy
hahaha I know
WHen we stay positive,
positive things comes our way.

ALoofar
thanks a million 4 all the love

Mimi
You are such a darling.

Darkel
he says hi too
thanks for the love

Blackjames
Lov u too. I wish u all u wish me

Uzo
If he has the qualities i want in a man, why not?
I don't date outside 9ja though
i have to admit.

LG said...

Hellooooooooooo' anybodi home?????
i ve got sum hampers 4 u :)
*merry christmas to u n the family
mwaahh

Anonymous said...

Weather it took 2 years or less, 'tis still your 100th post. Destinations are always reached no matter how long it seemingly takes.

Anonymous said...

Hampers yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
teddy bear included wonderful
thanks LG

rethots
Be blessed
thank you for stopping by.

Emeka Amakeze said...

Congrats on your 100th post and by the Grace of God, your set goals for 2009 will be achieved by the hundreds. Shout Amen now! Naija 4 life.

Anonymous said...

Thank you emeka

Parakeet said...

Its good to be thankful. I thank God for you too and may 2009 be full of accomplished dreams and promises.

Anonymous said...

Thanks parakeet
God Bless

Jaguda said...

nice pics and congrats

Anonymous said...

Penile Cancer - a growth, legion or sore this can be malignant and may very well be found about the surface or in the tissue in the penis;Penile Implants and Surgery - an implant through the penis or a surgical procedure who may have been recently performed is probably irritating the penis or it may perhaps have become infected;Penis Fracture - a rupture of one or both from the cambers within your penis that enable it to end up being erect;Peyronies Disease - scar tissue within the penis that results on the penis developing a curve or abnormal bend;Pimples - an infection of sizegenetics pores or hair follicles which is usually the result of bacterial build-up;
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/