Monday, October 13, 2008

OLAMILD's encounter with Baba Adeboye


My body cannot contain the joy that I feel. My heart even feels like it's gonna explode any minute. With all the encounters i have had this weekend, I can truly say I am blessed and highly favored. Sometimes last week, I received an email from Pastor Olojo of RCCG MOTL that they were having a mid week program and the guest speaker was Pastor Pauline Walley (NY).

I glanced through it (which is unlike me) and went about my daily activity. It was a 2 day program and I missed the 1st day but pastor told my friend to call me and make sure i attend the 2nd day. I did and I have no regrets. To say I was blessed would be an understatement. I collaborated with a friend of mine to lead the praise/worship. The service went on for hours then my sis sent a text mssg saying she wanted to leave cause she was hungry. I'm like alright.

As we were about to leave, Pastor Pauline called us back and told us not to miss what God has in store for us. We stayed and prayed like say tomorrow no dey. The pastor prayed for every single person in the church and prophesied into our lives. Everything she said concerning me was true. Infact the first thing she said got me...

I went home with so much joy... as for my hungry sis, she had Mickey D's that night.

The next day (yesterday) was sunday and i woke up at exactly 5:17 a.m. I heeded to the instructions given the previous night and prayed. I got dressed for church; my friend picked me up cause we were many and we chose to ride in one car. Off we were to detroit! We went to RCCG Winner's Chapel. Baba G.O. - Pastor Adeboye was to minister.

For the first time in 10 years, I cried during worship. The city of detroit council presented an award to baba, and Pastor Adeniji (official RCCG winner's chapel pastor). Pastor Fadele ( RCCG North America Chairman), pastor ghandi ...were present as well.

When baba G.O. got on stage, hmmmmm i don't even know what to say. I am short of words. Words cannot explain what i felt. I recall when Baba came in 2004, i saw him but everything was blurry. I lost my glasses and i could not see a thing. I was determined to see baba close and personal because it took me another 4 years to see him again. I listened to every single thing he said, i recorded part of the prayers on my phone. They didn't want the cameras flashing everywhere.. I just took my cell phone out and took pictures.

Baba asked the people that wanted to give their life to christ to step forward, I thought about it twice. Baba said he will count 1 to 4 that we should not let the opportunity pass us by. I'm like i did that years ago but i guess i could do it again. I rushed to the altar and made sure i was standing right in front of baba. He prayed for all of us. He told us to write our names down and asked the ushers to give him the name. He then promised to pray for us everyday. My 32 was out.... i was rejoicing and recording the prayers and everything. I'm like baba will pray for moi everyday? chaiiiii I'm glad I came out o. LAst time I saw him was here in detroit 2004, now 2008 who knows if i wont see him until 2012?

Baba decreed words of prophesies and i grabbed everyone of it. I had all yall in prayers cause he told us to pray for whatever we wanted. I told God to meet my family, friends, and loved ones at the point of their need.

You fall into one of the category. Baba sealed our requests with decrees. When the service ended, we were to go on a boat cruise with BABA. That actually cost $200.

My friend and I rushed down to downtown detroit where we got on board. We made sure we got the front row seat. I took pictures, I recorded. I did everything i could. Even though the pictures on my phone turned out blurry cause the light on the high table was dimmed, I felt contented that i could at least look at the phone and pray.

The cruise was packed with anoiting. Baba just told us to relax and see the event as a family gathering. The choir led us in praise/worship, some upcoming artists rendered solos, choreographies, comedy, drama, and some did oriki ....

I cannot type anymore.. this weekend has been the best of all weekends. When the program ended, we had extra 30 mins to walk around the boat. It was then that I realized that we had actually cruised to Canada... I felt no regrets cause my attention was on baba G.O. and the anoiting i was going to tap.

People lined up on the high table and down the high table taking turns to sit where baba sat. My friend even rubbed his head on baba's sit as he was praying. One of the ushers literally dived on the table and snatch the glass of water that baba did not finish. Another man hid behind the table and finished up the yogurt parfait that baba left... him lick spoon self.


One pastor actually flew in all the way from 9ja to see baba. He said there was no way he could have gotten as close as he did to baba here in US if he was in 9ja. People came from US, and canada.....

ME ehn, I took a picture of baba's seat and baba himself because i was really close to him. I ran into an old friend and we started developing strategies wey we go take carry baba's chair comot for that boat...

The world didn't give it to me! This joy that i have !.....
In a nutshell, I had a blessed weekend with daddy G.O.

6 comments:

bumight said...

great!
He's coming to baltimore this week for festival of Life. I cant wait!

Anonymous said...

So I heard
If I could skip skool and come for that
I will o...

Kafo said...

OLAMILD under NO circumstances SHALL you SKIP school

just joking

but wow
we never know what GOd has in store for us until act, glad u had a wonderful time

darkelcee said...

i love him too.

He is my Pastor any time any day.

aloted said...

lol...was nice reading this..and am glad u encountered Baba and God!

tommeh said...

Yeah, I feel u on that.. it must have been a great encounter.