Sunday, August 3, 2008

BACK!

I missed you!
Yeah you! lol

The program was a huge success
I give glory to God almighty for his infinite mercies.
You should have been there
We hyped up the audience with our opening act
two of our best dancers danced "Roll It" by P Square.
They were back flipping, break dancing and sturves shuuu
even me self dey tempted to sommersault.

We had guests from Birmingham, London, Texas, New York, Maryland, Canada and so on.
My favorite motivational speaker Dayo Israel rocked the audience
with some old yoruba songs and adages.
The food was superb
I almost ate my fingers.

I almost cried at the beginning
cause I was so nervous about how the whole thing would turn out
but I was surrounded by the best people on planet earth.

Chaiii i suffer small o
con see full house
7 African guys wey no wan cook
They had me in the kitchen from friday - tuesday.

Iya afin monilola Tenabe of Egbe omo yoruba (Washington DC)
graced the audience with her presence.
She was a sweetheart...
I know I am going back and forth
I cannot even find the right words to explain how great the event was.

I want to thank everyone that had me in prayers
The devil tried but he failed
God had and has a purpose for me.
After the whole program, I was battling some health issues
and I went for surgery on Friday (Aug 1)
My mum was praying wherever she was
and sparkle was there to put a smile on my face.
I thank God today I am hail and hearty.
I have to call and thank Pastor Dayo
cause all the guys were laughing at me
when I told them not to touch my caprisun
that I bought it so Pastor could pray on it.
Yeye guys tok say ahn ahn
We know pastors pray on water not caprisun
You're trying to be classy with your probs lol
Of course them tiff some of it before the prayers.


In a nutshell

We planned an event and it was successful
I went for surgery and it was successful
Yoruba Youth Corporation/Cultural Dancers have been invited to Maryland
from the 7th - 10th of August to perform at the EOY national convention
Yinka Aiyefele is the live artiste.

I look forward to have a swell time in Washington DC this coming weekend

SEE PICTURES OF THE YYC LUNCHEON

7 comments:

O'Dee said...

Am so happy your event went well.

N u r talking about surgery like its a small thing; 10k God u are in good health now.

You r destined 4 greatness.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!

I'm just past the down phase
The devil's aim is to put me down and scare me but I was victorious. BEcause of this, I can talk about anything as if nothing but it doesn't mean that I do not know how specialI am to be alive.

LG said...

WELCOME BACK DEAR,
THANK GOD UR SURGERY WAS SUCCESSFUL.
WELCOME BACK
werrin u bring 4 me???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your care and concern. Stay sweet

Kafo said...

congratulations oooooooooooooo

Unknown said...

'Glad for you it all went well in the end despite the trials.
Hope you are now feeling better after the OP.

Kafo said...

i am still listening to your playlist

i like