Thursday, February 14, 2008

4 Magic Word II

Seconds grew into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days, days into weeks, weeks into months, and months into year. ohhh I felt the 4 magic word at last.

The 4 Magic Word = L-O-V-E.

When knocked down, you'd think you might never get up for fear of being knocked again. In my case, I fell and didn't bother to get up because I fell in love. Truly, it's just 4 letters but it carries so much meaning; it feels like words... sentences...paragraphs.


Anyway, you were not pleased that I was spending too much time with my boys. I couldn't understand why you were upset at the time. Being the stubborn person I was, I refused to hearken to your warnings... you said you wouldn't talk to me anymore and I was like whatever. I felt like if you ignored me, other friends are there to talk to. I didn't understand what it meant to have you but I knew I had fallen when you were right in front me. You didn't talk to me. I was not upset but I was hurt deep inside....why oh why?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Is this what falling in love means? You don't see the person and your entire day is distabilized. You see the person frowning and you're worried to death about what could be wrong with the person. You see the one and you blush and hide in the bathroom. He calls you the same thing everyone calls you ,yet it sounds so special coming from him. I was really into you but it was obvious - you loved me more.


J.S.S 3
We kept our moments a secret. Even if other students okayed it, our teachers must not see us together. I told you I didn't want my friends to know about us (they'd tease and it can be annoying) and you were okay with that. You'd sit behind me in class kick me gently. You'd seat on the other end of the class with your head on the desk. You never listened to what the teacher had to say; you were captivated by my beauty. You never brought a pen to class, you were always borrowing mine so we seized that as a medium of communication. I'd write you cute little love notes (teeny winy), fold it neatly and squeeze it into the pen cover. I gently insert the pen into its cover and throw it . Sometimes you'd come get the pen. You walk back to your seat with a huge smile on your face.

We had good times. We had wonderful memories. I didn't know what love was until you came along. You were the true definition of love. We couldn't hide our secret for long...all because of you. Everyone knew me as the class captain that couldn't stand you. You and your friends were the big boys in the class and others girls felt dating one of you would be a priviledge. Two of your friends knew me as your gurl and 1 of my girl friend knew about us. Everyone else knew nothing.


Our secret came out when.......

SS 1- (10th grade)


It was the end of the semester. We usually have a week [a full week after exams when students just come to school and socialize. Attendance was not mandated during this period] of fun. S.S 3 (12th grade) students threw class parties everyday during this week. Other students could do the same but everyone was excited about going to the senior party. All my friends/our classmates went to the party from Mon - Wed. You didn't come to school and I was worried. I sat alone. Friends urged me to come to the party but I declined until thursday. I went to the seniors party and the seniors were actually excited to have their Chapel prefect there.

They were out to get me. In no time, I mingled and ehmmm they played the common game back then "Devil's Basket." For those that don't know, it's similar to spin the bottle. Devil's basket = (Passing round a small bowl/small basket with papers while the music is playing. If the music stops while the basket is in your end, you pick one of the lil wrapped up notes, read it out and do whatever it says. Failure to do so results in payment of some token perhaps, your lunch money).

When the music stopped, I was like oh no they didn't. Anyway I got up and picked a paper. I smiled after reading the contents. I was told to mention 5 song titles by Craig David. I was like shhh that's as easy as ABC. I was so excited, i went blank. I was able to come up with 4 song titles. The MC urged any guy from my class to help me out. One of my boys (nickname: ID) had my back. I thought I was done but they said I had to thank him for his help by dancing with him. They played some slow music and I yelled "Oh heavens NO." Out of curiosity, they asked me what genre of music i wanted and I told them makossa/soukous would do. There you have it,I've been a fan of the congolese/cote d'ivoire/cameroon for ages. My pal and I danced and headed back to our seats... it was a fun day.

On friday which was the last day of school. The day when we go on break (a month or so). I was contemplating on going to the senior party again since you didn't show up. My only girl friend came to me to tell me you were at school. I told her it couldn't be because you'd never come to school without saying hello to me. You usually stopped by my class to check on me before heading to your class. We were in SS 1 and yall know that they split yall up depending on your concenration. As a SS student, you either belonged to the science class, commercial class, or arts class. I was an art student.

Anyway my friend said you were mad at me because I danced with ID. Why would you be mad at me for dancing with someone? It wasn't like I was all up on him or anything. My girl friend was like " so you went to the party yesterday cause i was not in school. I was told you participated in devil's basket. They asked you to list 5 song titles and you did. You also said you'd like to dance. They played makossa for you and you objected. You asked for one slow song by celien dion. They said you held ID like he was your man and you two were grooving seriously...."

I didn't even let her finish because I could not contain myself. I was dying with laughter. Heheheheh so that's what they told him and he's upset... Whatever happened to trust? My friend didn't even let me go on. she had more to say. " he said since you've decided to do as you please, you might as well move on with ID."

Ewooo o you shocked me by saying that. I was so mad at you for not even checking with me before concluding. Was that why you showed up on friday when you missed school from mon - thursday. I was disappointed that you had little trust for me. I was hurt that you'd just ask to move on for such a silly thing. I was ready to give you a piece of my mind. As I walked up the stairs to your class, I could hear you going off on ID. Everyone was like what? what? why should you get mad cause i danced with ID? Are u her father or what? Come o, e be like say something dey between two of una..Within a few minutes, the news spread amongst school that we were official.

I could not bear the little noses being poked at me every corner. I went back to class to cool off. When everyone calmed down a little, I was set to come upstairs and give u a piece of my mind. I walked up the stairs and my girlfriend, and ID followed me. I looked back to apologise to ID for the embarassment you put him through. I looked back up (to go up the stairs) and you were standing in front of me. I was so upset that I decided not to talk. I didn;t even bother to look into your face. I asked you to step aside so I could go up the stairs. You didn't move. Instead you called my name... I melted deep inside but managed to frown as I looked up at you.

You didn't let me say anything. You apologised for everything and assured me that we were okay. HMMmmmmm

FAST FORWARD

We were about to begin our last semester when I came to America. You were the last one I saw on the day I departed. You tried to fight the tears but I could see it in your eyes. You held my hands and you were not willing to let go. I on the other hand could not even hug you because I knew I'd never be able to pull away from your embrace. I was going to re-unite with my parents (whom i had not seen in 5 years) and I didn't know when I was coming back home.

Those hours on the flight went by with me lost in thoughts....

FAST FAST FORWARD

Communication was great
but
distance became a barrier.
I look back at how we started
and I cannot help but give thanks to God
for teaching me the meaning of love
by blessing me with you.

It's been 6 years since we saw each other
we're still close.. it's like we're next to each other.

"There are two kinds of Love. The first kind of love burns just like the sun shines in the day and then it dies at night. The second kind is like the moon that's there all the time. The sun doesn't let it shine at day but it shines to shed light in your darkest night. This kind of Love that burns through day, night, storms, and never fades is the kind I have for you, will you be mine?"

You called this blue note Burning Love.
I thank my papa in heaven that our love is still burning. ..

On this Valentine's day,
I want to thank you for
helping me feel what I call the
4 Magic Word - LOVE
I thank you and I miss your presence.
Photobucket

15 comments:

LurLar said...

Wooooooooow!!! That's one lovely love story. I went back and read it again,and couldn't help but get captivated in ur true love. God will reunite both of you together soon in Jesus name.

Sam Oracle said...

My dear, I already wrote a poem for today but i can't post it coz I don't have the other part (The female side of it).
The poem is written by a female poet and myself, but I've not been able to reach her to get her own.
So itz just the male side thatz available.

omomummy said...

wow that was lovely......hope your your reunion will occur very soon.

Allied said...

That was beautiful...

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

sweet! happy vals day babe!

Naija Chickito said...

Awwwww. Such a sweet story. You guys are still together? I am impressed. keep it up and may God strengthen your relationship.

ShadeCrown said...

awwwwwwww.. bless!

Orientatednaijababe said...

This is a true love story...

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww!are u guys still together?

ejatutu said...

this na real love for sure... across the ocean, over the mountains and through the desert. May ur love come to u soon.

Anonymous said...

awwwww, i hope u guys get back together....girl the blue print almost blinded me o.....i cant realy read blue on screen, lol! My eyes always do one kind. Hope u'r good babes............i love maria's new song playing on ur page......i'v overplayed it tho:)

Afrobabe said...

bes you make me wish I had anybody that long in my life...thats a great friendship that has withstood time and moods...

Anonymous said...

been trying for ages to at least acknowledge your comment on my blogpost. finally, i got through to you...

your site's cool and groovy with love serenades (these little posts truly touch the heart, mind and soul).

kudos to that fortunate guy that touched your heart in a special and rare way (L_O_V_E)

wonder why your blogpost does not display adsense ads at all (or could it be my browser is doing a set-up?)

you have a sweet and romantic air to your heart- guard it!

...and thanks for your visit and comment

princesa said...

High school love...*sigh*
Who knows, the two of you may still end up together.

archiwiz said...

This is so beautiful... uniquely Nigerian, and uniquely yours.